Podgorica – Montenegrin Minister of Tourism Predrag Nenezic announced yesterday that “Montenegro Airlines” of all companies in region made the best percentage of occupancy that according data of Association of European Airlines (AEA) was 72%.
– “Montenegro Airlines” is in front of “Adria”, “JAT Airways”, “Croatia Airlines”, “Olympic Airways”, “Iberia”, “Al Italia”, – said Nenezic at press conference yesterday.
– “Montenegro Airlines” impressive results in last year summer season having transported 170 thousand of tourists. This year concerning ambitious plans even better results are expected – said Minister of Tourism.
President of “Montenegro Airlines” Ph.D. Zoran Djurisic announced that company during last year had turnover of 42.8 million of EUR and made profit of 50.5 million.
– Achieved results fulfilled expectation of management and if 50% of total last year income was made at third markets. “Montenegro Airlines” last year had 470 thousand of passengers and that is 28% more than in 2004 – said Djurisic and showed expectation that number of passengers will be over a half of million.
Djurisic announced that during coming tourist season National Air Company will be in service of Montenegrin tourism.
– Will increase frequency of traffic at our regular lines. At international lines apart flights to Italy, Slovenia, Hungary and France a new thing is that Montenegro will each day connected to Switzerland, Germany and Austria – stressed president of “Montenegro Airlines” and explained that in summer is planned more than 350 charter flights.
Minister of Tourism announced that till end of year to Montenegro will start to fly low budget airlines.
Nenezic states that Government for issuing of permits for low budget flights protects interests of “Montenegro Airlines”.
– Planes of these companies will fly to destinations where “Montenegro Airlines” does not fly. Interest of such airlines for Montenegro is large, especially one of the most successful, Irish “Rajan Air” with we will start in May negotiations. Low budget airlines will most probably fly to destinations of Scandinavia which “Montenegro Airlines” does not cover – said Nenezic and announced formation of working group that will take in consideration conditions for those companies for issuing permits to fly.