With listening of 24 new songs last night in front of the Old town 14th “Music festival Budva” began. Dado Cakcevic was the first to sing, then followed Narcis Vucina, Maja Mirovic, For2na”, Ivana Jovanovic Elektra, Marko Jeftic, Milica Milic, Igor Terzija, Sasa Babic, Kaya, “Max”, and the audience had the opportunity to hear the songs of Sanja Kocic, Zanamari and Mima, Verica Pandilovska, Lea, Mirjana Aleksic, “Tropicco band” “Amko Sabotic, “Plava Jabuka”, Cakana, Marko Vkcevic, Maja Nikolicm and the group “Beauty Queens”.
– This is a festival of composers and this year we have the biggest authors. Majority of the performers are young, and maybe unknown to the public, but they really have quality – said on a yesterday held press conference artistic director and the music producer of this festival Zoran Radetic.
– In these five years we have managed to achieve a lot. We always try t have great guests beside good songs. We have a grandiose scene, the biggest one which has so far been seen in these areas – said the producer of the festival Raka Maric and added that he expects that, with the municipality of Budva, with which the contract expires this year, he will extend the contract in mutual pleasure.
– We have good cooperation with the Municipality of Budva and we are organizing with them a great spectacle on Jaz – the concert of the group “The Rolling Stones”. Starting from the next year the festival will be held on Jaz so in that way we will solve all the problems which every year we have with restaurant keepers, because they have to move their open restaurants because of the festival. It will also make it easier for us in the organization because there we will have a bigger space and our own parking lot – added Maric.
Immediately after the first semi-final night a concert was held by Italian baritone Patricio Buanne, and after that the participants who are competing tonight (24.06) had a rehearsal. Tonight too the audience will have the opportunity to listen to 24 songs from Ema Garic, Dejan Krstovic, Ivana Cosic, nebojsa Rackovic, Nona Nedelkovska, group “Quadro”, Tijana Petrovic, BatoVujosevic, “Betty Boop”, Elena Petreska, Slavko Milovanovic, “Akusticna soba”, Amel Curic, Edi and Bilja, Tinka Milinovic, Creative band, Ksenija Kuljaca, Mega Mix band, Natasa Kojic, Mila Radjen, Igor Vukojevic, Stefan Filipovic, group No Name, and Dejan Cukic.
Second night of the festival the audience will have the opportunity to listen the concert of the young Montenegrin singer Bojan Marovic.
ZELJKO IS TO EXPENSIVE
Bojan Marovic will tomorrow have a concert instead of Zeljko Samardzic whose name earlier appeared on the list of participants. Even though initially they stated that the technical reasons are to blame because there was a change of plan Raka Maaric yesterday revealed:
– Samardzic was not pleased with the fee we have offered, even though it was bigger than the figure which until now he received. The price which he suggested was not fine by us, because, after all, we are financing the festival by ourselves, so we have broken the deal. That is why the audience will have the chance to hear a young performer from these areas in whose songs they will enjoy – he pointed out.
Italian Baritone Patricio Buenno on a yesterday held press conference tried to present Montenegrins the music, which he sings.
I sing old Italian songs. There are so many versions of our canzone, which are hits in the world, but people do not know where they come from. On my last album beside those songs there are several new ones – said Buenno, else the ambassador of Italian music.
THERE IS NO ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE DISC
On festival CD there won’t be 8 songs. So the audience which misses the festival, and which buys the CD will be left short for the songs of Dado Cakcevic, Ema Garic, Maja Mirovic, Narcis Vucina, group “For2na”, Igor Terzija, Nebojsa Rackovic, and Tijana Petrovic.
– For now we had no problems with the performers whose songs will not be found on CD. Earlier it happened that not all songs could be found on CD. It is impossible technically to put all 48 songs on 2 CD, and to make 3 CD it is not good for the festival financially. It was very hard to pick out the songs, so we tried to have the equal number of fast, and slow songs and to make them fit with each other. I want to stress that all the songs which we received satisfy our propositions and the ones which are on the CD have not been favored by any criteria – says for “Vijesti” Zoran Radetic.
Considering the fact that in the last few years they have had the same problem we asked Radetic whether the next year they will reduce the number of performers.
– We have already talked about the new festival and if that happens it will have another design, with half of the current number of performers. Entire competition will be held in one night. During the other nights we will have a show part and maybe we will have the competition of other types of songs – he revealed.
OLD TIMER COBI
After the press conference Vladimir Savcic Cobi promoted his album, recently published under the label of “Music star”. Cobi came to Budva with an old timer.
– Old Cobi, old song – was the comment of the famous musician. His ne edition has 9 old songs in the Mediterranean style and bonus of two tracks.
SLAVKO AS A MUSIC AND TEXT WRITTER
One of the participants of this year’s festival is Slavko Milovanovic who will sing tonight the song “Kao skitnica” (Like a vagabond) for which he wrote the music and the text, while the arrangement was done by Aleksandar Banjac.
– I have decided that after a one-year break I should go on a festival with a song for which I made the music and the text. In the future too I will me making my own songs because I want to promote myself as an author and to improve myself. For now I didn’t have the chance to hear all the songs on the festival, but from what I heard I can say that I liked several songs, though there are some songs which in my opinion are not good. I think that in the second semi-final night, when I will be performing there will be much more better songs – said Slavko, and when asked who is the favorite of this festival he shortly said: Stefan Filipovic.