The biggest music spectacle ever organized in Montenegro – the concert of cult British rock group the Rolling Stones went in a great atmosphere without a single incident, and the visitors are unanimous in note that it was a once in a lifetime event.
During the spectacle on Jaz there was not a single incident, and more than 3.000 men in the security and police were taking care of that. Having in mind that it is an event of high possible risk there was a justifiable fear that an incident might occur. In order to prevent any possible incident about 500 men from private security the Guardian Security along with the help of police officers were placed on all hot spots around and inside the concert area, because every incident would throw shadow over the entire spectacle.
That everything functioned as it was planned was confirmed by the commander of the traffic police Miso Zec and stressed that for a long time they didn’t have such an increased intensity of traffic as during the day of the concert.
– Everything went without jams and usual stops, both in the town and at the spot where the concert was being held. The organization of the concert was exquisite and everything that was predicted with the plan was performed without any mistakes. There were few misfortunes with smaller material damage and that was it. When we are talking about violation of public order and peace there were no incident situation except verbal conflicts. Nothing could have happened because we have had preventive measures taken – said Zec.
Budva Service for protection and rescue, which according to the words of the chief Zdravko Sljukic was enforced with the colleagues from neighboring municipalities, did not have any major interventions too.
78 firefighters from Budva, Kotor, Tivat, Bar, Niksic and 12 vehicles were engaged. There were no incidents, but we were on our positions all night long – said Sljukic. Directr of Budva Health care center Ziran Spadijer confirmed that from the aspect of the medical rendering of the concert and events in the town there were no incidents.
– Everything went as we have planned. In the health care center itself in Budva and Petrovac there were no any serious situations, and everything went as usually. On the concert itself there were no urgent cases which would demand a transport towards the hospitals in Kotor, Risan, or Podgorica. Service with the doctor of urgent medicine Sasa Stefanovic which was in charge for the backstage and the group itself has no work at all. Our teams will be for two more days on the spot while the stage is being dismantled – said Spadijer. Most of the work after the concert had communal workers who, according to the words of the director of Budva Communal enterprise Dordje Medina, from 4 a.m. until 8 a.m. have managed to clean th entire concert area.
– A lot of garbage has been taken but we cannot talk about the amounts because so far we had no such events. Everything has been brought in line and Jaz is entirely clean – said Medin.
Budva after the concert is living with a normal summer life but the concert euphoria is still present on the streets. The impressions from the concert are being retold and it is a unique mark that it was a once in a lifetime spectacle.
MICK IS NOT A CAPRICIOUS PERSON
From the moment when in Sunday night Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronny Wood, and Charlie Watts came from Tivat airport to Budva they didn’t hide their excitement with the Jaz beach which they saw from their cars. Jagger was the loudest who was thrilled not only by the beauty of Budva Riviera but also by numerous people who they met on their way to Becici. Even though it was announced that the Stones will be accommodated in the suite penthouse, it was a last minute decision that they will be accommodated in presidential suites as they initially wanted. Presidential suite was free in Sunday afternoon because the Greek ship-owner who was staying in it suddenly left for Hawaii.
While the other members of the band were resting Jagger and his fiancé, former well-known model L’WrenScot wanted to go to sightsee Budva and the surrounding during the night. According to the words of Ranko Sekulic who was Jagger’s personal chauffer in Montenegro he was very curious and wanted to know more about Montenegro.
– After midnight, even though the others decided not to leave the hotel, Jagger asked for him and his girlfriend to be taken for a night walk and in sightseeing. We went to Milocer, Przno and to the beach Jaz with which he was thrilled. He insisted that we should go close to the Old town in order for him to be able to see it from close distance. For a while we went down the plateau between the cafes Millennium and pastry shop Mozart. He was really impressed by the happiness on Budva streets. I think that he was even shocked with such an atmosphere. What I was thrilled with is the fact that Jagger is extremely pleasant man, with perfect behavior, astoundingly natural, direct and easy to cooperate with. I haven’t senses at any moment that he is spoiled, capricious like it was being said in the papers. On the contrary said Sekulovic.
Sekulovic says that Jagger still remembers Tito and former Yugoslavia.
– Since he wanted to know more about Montenegro I told him that our capital town used to be called Titograd, I know Tito he replied with thrill, I played in Zagreb, in former Yugoslavia when Tito was the president and we even met in person – said Sekulovic for Vijesti.
Mick and his friends didn’t stay in the backstage after the concert but instead they immediately went to Splendid with luxurious cars. Even though it was expected that after the spectacle there will be a hot party the old time rockers decided that after dinner they want to have some rest in their suites. However the members of the accompanying band had a great time and they awaited the dawn at the reception of the hotel having great time with drinks.
As we found out Mick was sleeping in the afternoon, then had breakfast in order to leave with his friends about 14h towards Tivat airport from where he left for Barcelona.
MARIC IS PREPARING A NEW SPECTACLE
– Two nights ago we were attending a magnificent spectacle and I think that those who were not at this concert have missed one of the biggest things in life. This was the last concert of the Rolling Stones and one of the most interesting ones in their very long carrier. I only regret that there weren’t 150.000 people on Jaz – said for Vijesti Raka Maric the owner of the firm Music star which was the organizer of this concert, who estimated that there were about 55.000 people on Jaz. The members of the band, as he says, are thrilled with the beauty of our country and with the reception they had.
– Two nights ago, before their concert, Svetozar Marovic and I talked in the backstage with the members of the band and they have told us their impressions. Jagger was very pleased. Without any courtesy they told us that they haven’t seen anything more beautiful and that they are glad that they have decided to come and play here – says Maric. And when he was asked whether Music star will make a concert on the same spot next year he said:
– We are planning to do so this year too if we manage to do everything. Next summer by all means we will bring some world famous name which at the same time in July is available at the market. Our options are the starts which are at the same level, not as the Rolling Stones, but still very popular, such as group U2, Robbie Williams, or grop ACDC.
EVERYONE CALCULATED DIFFERENTLY
Media gave different estimates about the number of visitors, and the figures go between 15.000 up to 70.000 people. Because of the huge area on Jaz, in which without hassock can receive at least 100.000 it is hard to estimate how many people indeed attended the concert. The organizers estimate that there were about 55.000 fans of the Stones at the concert, and the largest part of media and services in charge thought that there were between 35.000 and 45.000 visitors. Yesterday it was not possible to get the official confirmation and the precise data will most probably be told on a press conference which will be organized today in the municipality of Budva. Some visitors from Montenegro had several tickets which before the concert were given to people free of charge.
Except our citizens a great number of tourists from ex Yu area, from Albania, and Russian came. Stones were seen by fans of all generations, from little children to the ones who were born approximately about the same time as the rock dinosaurs. Also, the spectacle was attended by many famous persons, among other members of the group Perper, DJ Be Good, film director Marija Perovic, Croatian singer Sandi Cenov…
except in the rush hour before the concert the buses of organized transport which drove on the round trip Budva – Jaz – Lastva Grbaljska after the concert were insufficient to receive all the passengers. Long after the concert the highway was jammed with people who were looking for any kind of transportation. Loaded cars were moving with high speed through the crowd which followed the end of the concert, and the vehicles of the official transporter were too crowded with visitors who were lucky enough to get inside them.
MADONNA ON JAZ
Not hiding his pleasure the manager of the Municipality of Budva Alekssandar Ticic says that the local administration has proved that they can organize big events such as the concert of the biggest music spectacle in the world.
– We are satisfied that together with the firm Music star we have managed to organize such a big event. It is needless to say that the effect, through promotional campaign, which every event of this kind bears with itself, will be visible in the future, because the picture of Budva will go around the entire world. We shall not stop here. We have any more music spectacles to come and many world stars to see – said Ticic for Vijesti. As we found out the negotiations with Madonna are already in progress.
FROM THE VIP BOX
Even though yesterday majority of media from ex Yugoslavia in the reports told that the presidents of Croatia Stjepan Mesic and of Serbia Boris Tadic were at the concert of the Rolling Stones two nights ago they were not in the company of Montenegrin officials on a crowded VIP box. Among famous personalities in a specially made VIP box for which the tickets were 500 euros were the president of Montenegro Filip Vujanovic, Prime Minister Zeljko Sturanovic, president of the Parliament Ranko Krivokapic, as well as the vice president of DPS, and the men to whom go the credits for the arrival of the Stones in Montenegro, Svetozar Marovic. In the sounds of rock music famous Montenegrin businessmen and athlete also enjoyed as well as the folk stars from Serbia among which was Era Ojdanic.
For the press of Montenegrin media and their employees Ministry of defense has organized a real event – enjoyment in the concert from a sailboat Jadran which was anchored across the beach Jaz. Many have used the staying on that ship, which is an experience for itself, to have a night swim in the open sea. After the foregroups the expedition from Jadran with smaller boats headed towards the beach Jaz in order to enjoy in the VIP box in the two-hors long concert of the Stones.
– Concert was a real occasion to send a message that the Ministry of defense is opened for this kind of communication with the press – said the PR of that ministry Vidak Latkovic.
THEY HAVE TICKETS TO JOURNALISTS
Even though the organizes announced that the media among which Vijesti were will get journalist’s identity cards, the journalist and the photo reporter of Vijesti, as well as other colleagues from Montenegro, Serbia and any other country who we met yesterday on Jaz didn’t not get one. Instead of identity cards journalists were given invitations which looked almost like the tickets except they didn’t have prices on them, just a “Not for Sale” note. The journalists were not able to enter the concert area intended for majority of visitors not to leave the area left in front of the stage with those tickets.