Cetinje – The very fact that Cetinje this year will be visited by about 200.000 daily tourists speaks about how much the town under Lovcen is attractive from the aspect of tourism. However, what is the key of the tourist destination is the increase of the number of overnight stays in that town – said yesterday on Cetinje minister of tourism Predrag Nenezic.
With the management of the metropolis he spoke about the possibilities for development of the tourist offer and about the problems of the town.
He said that the fact that it is more and more being worked on the increase of the accommodation capacities in the town is encouraging.
– I hear that the works have been terminated on the sports motel which is a part of the Sports center, as well as the works on hotel in Ivanova korita (Ivan’s Riverbeds), and that the serious thought is given to a new construction of Lokanda, as well as that they will intensify the works on the hotel in Rijeka Crnojevica. The current number of available capacities on Cetinje is not sufficient if that we wish to talk about serious development of tourism, which means receiving guests. It is time to enable those guests to sleep on Cetinje. During the summer it is most beautiful to sleep on Cetinje, and to spend the day on the sea or at the lake – said Nenezic.
Minister said that the charging of excursion fee is in plan, from which he added, Cetinje beside Kotor, will have the greatest benefit.
As for the communal – infrastructural projects Nenezic said that with the local administration they will make an agreement to put in motion together the making of the study of water supply of Cetinje.
The mayor Milovan Jankovic said that Cetinje represents a significant tourist destination in Montenegro and that it has its future in tourism.
– I think that this year too, and especially next year we will have all conditions to make Cetinje have a really good place in tourism of Montenegro – said Jankovic.
ALL THE RELICS IN ONE PLACE
Minister Nenezic announced the possibility of new presentation of Virgin Filermosa and all the relics which are located in the town.
– I think that one relic no matter its significance individually can not represent a big magnet for tourists, like they would if all the existing relics on Cetinje if they are united in some new more attractive space – said Nenezic.
The mayor said that president Filip Vujanovic several times too has said that some sacral object should be built in which all Cetinje relics would be places.
SERBIAN EMBASSY IN THE TOWN UNDER LOVCEN
Mayor Jankovic announced several projects, among others the renewal of the hotel “Lokanda”.
– We have spoken with Slovenians on that subject, as well as with some private owner from America, who is of Montenegrin origins – said Jankovic.
He added that the ministry of culture will most probably be located in the building of “Obod”, in the immediate vicinity of the residence.
– In the same building will be the Bureau for protection of monuments of culture. Former building of Austrian – Hungarian embassy will be freed for the needs of the embassy of Austria and Hungary. Also the building f the former embassy of Russia will be freed where Russians are planning to open Museum of Balkan countries. The Germans are interested to make a cultural center in their former embassy – said Jankovic. With the Slovenians, he added, in Thursday he will speak about the opening of the consulate or an embassy of that country on Cetinje. Serbia, also, is asking for Serbian embassy on Cetinje.