Vienna – Austrian tour operator “Senioren Reisen” has announced a possibility of break up of the contract and canceling of the arrival of the second group of 11.500 Austrian pensioners for the pre-season 2008 if Montenegrin partners stay at their position to increase the prices for 50% – it was confirmed for “Vijesti” in the central of that agency in Vienna.
“Senioren Reisen”, the agency of the Association of pensioners of Austria has signed in May 2006 a contract with Budva agency “Monteja Globetour”, which was preceded by an agreement of the Association and the Ministry of tourism about the summer vacation of 8.5 thousand of Austrian pensioner during April and first week of May this year..
Pensioners who went satisfied from Montenegro were paying full board with all inclusive 20 euros, staying in 6 hotels in Becici: “Iberostar Belvi”, “Mediteran”, “Montenegro”, “The Queen of Montenegro”, “Splendid”, and “Tara”, which have at least 4 stars.
The director of tour operator “Senioren Reisen” Oto Schpel announced the break up of the contract with Montenegrin partners for “VIjesti” saying that the reason for that could be the demand of Montenegrin side to increase the prices for the next year for 50%.
– The contract has been signed for two years, for the pre-season and it says in it that the prices can be increased for the level of the inflation in Austria, and we have even offered twice as double than that, but, the colleagues from Montenegro are asking for much more. In the meantime in Montenegro apparently the prices of communal works have increased, the prices of electricity, water, but that is not predicted with the contract, which we have signed. We will not continue that deal at any cost. We should still talk and until the end of the month we will make a decision – said Schpel.
He pointed out hat the current price too is too big, and that for that amount of money they can have their summer vacation anywhere in the world.
– Montenegro cannot compete with a great number of tourist destinations in the world. It has the potential, and in the future for sure it will be very attractive, but at this moment it is one of the most expensive destinations in the world – stressed Schpel.
On the site of the tour operator in the offer for Montenegro it says that the price of the full board for one person in a two-bedded room is 705 euros, including the excursions.
– Montenegro is extremely beautiful and our experience in the last five weeks, for as long as we had the contracted boards on your coast I could mark as very positive. Our clients came back very satisfied from their vacation, and I think that that is the most important thing – said Schpel and added that the Montenegrin coast abounds in beauties and that it has a lot to offer.
Even though after the departure of the last group of Austrian pensioners, from the ambassador Florian Raunig, to the vice Mayor Ingrid Holchamer, only praises were said at the expense of the staying of Austrian pensioners in Montenegro, and that pensioners had no complaints, responding to the question whether really there is nothing to be reprimanded to the service and conditions Schpel said that there are some lacks, but that they can be compensated.
– There were a lot of construction works in the towns on the coast, around tourist complexes, which, still, is not suitable when the guests start to arrive. It is not alright when the streets are closed and jammed wit machines, and you are wasting hours and hours with busses full of guests waiting to go through to go to sightseeing of monuments – pointed out Schpel.
Having in mind that the negotiations are still in progress, and that no one from Montenegrin side doesn’t want to comment the anger of Austrians, as we found out, hotel keepers have asked that the price of the stay of Austrian guests during the next pre-season should be 30 euros, with which all of their costs would be covered.
FOUR STARS AND THEY DO NOT SPEAK GERMAN
According to Schpel, it is not suitable that the personnel in hotels do not speak foreign languages.
– It is not O.K. that the service in hotels cannot have a normal communication with their guests, the languages are poorly spoken, especially German. That, however, is expected in four stars hotels. Guests were pleased with food, but not with the way in which it was served. The food was really fresh and tasteful, but it was badly served. For buffet table it is usual to be served on big tables, and that everything is well placed. First goes cold pre-course, soup, then warm, and main meal etc, and not that everything is mixed. It is expected that that food is served in special dishes which can hold the temperature – that is the level which is expected – said Schpel.
Pensioners who left satisfied from Montenegro have been paying for full board 20 euros, staying in 6 Becici hotels with at least four stars. The reason for the break up of cooperation could be the demand of Montenegrin party to increase the prices for the next year for 50%.