Bar – In difference to always hot markets of real estates in Pastrovci and Boka, the sale of and in Bar has come into the focus only last month. The parcel of 20ha on Maljevik, close to Sutomore Bar Municipality has sold for 32 millions of euros to enterprise “Sonuba Montenegro” from Podgorica, which is led by Russian entrepreneurs. The amount of 160 euros per square meter of land which was achieved at the auction, is marked as exquisite because of the totally sold surface in “one piece”, on which it is planned that hotels, suites, villas with pools, restaurants and accompanying contents will be built.
Until now, the prices of real estates from Kufin to Vidikovac, and between Skadar Lake and Adriatic Sea, in which area Bar municipality is spread, were considered to be the lowest on the coast. Vera Kirovic, the owner of Bar enterprise “VK Svetionik”, which is in business with the real estate market, with great number of clients from Russia, does not agree with this thesis.
– Since the referendum Bar has caught up with the prices of Budva, even though the prices of real estates there are quickly rising. In the very town we have a deficit of apartments for sale in housing buildings, and now the square meter of an apartment in buildings which are 30 years old is 1.500 euros and more, and for a newer building even bigger prices is asked – says for “Vihesti” Kirovic, adding that the growth of prices of real estates under Rumija has came to climax in the first two months of the year 2007.
In Dobre Vode which at the moment is very popular among buyers and sellers, those informed say that the house of 200 square meters in a better shape with smaller land around the house and with a view towards the sea, on some better locations are 200.000 euros and more. The fact that Dobre Vode do not have the plumage system does not influence a bit on such prices, so the pools for water during the summer are filled with bought water from cisterns. With this part of Bar Riviera you can mostly see Russians, and behind them are Irish and Germans.
Englishmen are pretty weakly interested for apartments in Bar, says Sasa Vuicevic from ‘Dream Property Montenegro” in which from 10 clients 8 of them has UK passport, and he points out that the Englishmen are more looking for houses for rest with an unavoidable view towards the sea.
– The same type of real estates are looked for in Bar as in Boka, where so far the greatest number of our clients from the island has bought real estates – those are either stone houses with the view towards the sea, or the apartments in smaller residential buildings with 6 to 8 apartments. For Englishmen a difficulty is the fact that there are no direct flights for Montenegro. The closest airport is Dubrovnik, and in the season that makes up to 4 hours of ride to Bar – states Vukicevic who thinks that the interest of the Islanders will be bigger “if there were charter flights during the summer”. The degree of interest for real estates under Rumija is shown also by statistical data.
– During the last working week, in our court 106 sales contracts for real estates, have been ratified averagely 15 to 20 every day –said for “Vijesti” Milena Radovic, PR of the Basic court in Bar.
Beside the land on the shores of the sea, in the hinterland of the beaches from Canj to the cove Petovica Zabio, in Bar since recently the land in the villages on the slopes of Rumija and Lisinj is being sold, whose price until the end of the last year was 5 euros per square meter.
– It is interesting that parcels in the hills above Bar of about 20 to 30 ha are also being bought. The prices for such a big complexes of land are a matter of a deal, much smaller land go between 50 to 100 euros, and on the very shore they are being sold up to 300 euros per square meter. Dobre Vode is popular, but also in Zagradje which borders with Maljevik in the last period the turnover has increased – points out Kirovic whose principal clientele beside Russians are Irishmen and Dutchmen.
Attractive and a location where almost nothing has been built, Maljevik, until yesterday was famous solely by pebble beach in the same named cove from which it is divided by a narrow zone of pines, by the car cross, and a former land plane runway Sutomore – Beograd. Sasa Vukicevic mentions that an ace of Bar Municipality is also Skadar Lake, which to clients from the Island can be very interesting because of old stone houses on the lakeshore and on its brims.
– But as lake is a part of the national park, you cannot buy land there and build. Our buyers from all areas of England insist on urban plans and projects, that is their way of “life with which they approach to business”. The interest of our clients for Bar has started to grow lately. Englishmen are not drawn here by the tourist offer, but a much better infrastructure compared to the coast, and they are also drawn by lower prices of real estates than in Boka – continues Vukicevic, pointing out that “only 15% of interest and realization” of clients of “Dream Property” falls on Bar.
Vukicevic thinks that the reason for that is a weak presentation of Bar abroad.
– The problem of disloyal competition point out another officially unregistered Bar agent for the sale of real estates who asked to be anonyms. According to his words the behavior of other unregistered participants on the market “whose scope goes from green market sellers to taxi drivers” is totally irregular and it utterly lacks business moral.
– There is a small number of those who are selling their own real estates, and they are deciding to exclusively sell that though just one agency. Because of the huge number of “implementations”, all the records about the prices of the real estate in Bar should b taken with a great air of reserve – pointed out for “Vijesti an experienced agent admitting that in his own pocket for several times he felt “ parachuting implementation” of his competition in an already negotiated job.
SOLELY BOKA AND BUDVA ON TV
Vukicevic mentioned that TV videos are mostly promoting Boka and Budva with just some airplane shots of Bar “which from the starts puts it in an unfavorable position to think about it as a place for purchase of real estate”.
– However, when foreigners come and meet the town, they see that it is arranged and that it has a much better infrastructure than other coastal towns – adds Vukicevic.
Beside the hood infrastructure in the town zone, Vera Kikovic add into the reasons of why do foreigners invest in houses and apartments in Bar the climate, with 270 sunny days per year.
– Beside that, Bar lives for all 365 days a year. On the other side of this story we have the inexistence of detailed urban plans and non up to date Bar cadastre in which for registration you have to wait for several months, which opens the space for possible misuses – says Kirovic.
She stresses that “a special story” is the fact that at this moment the turnover of real estates in Bar is done by “ all those who have a car and a cell phones, and in that way people who do not have a tax duty are damaging the state”.