Budva – With the opening of the International tourist market and tourism fair – METUBES 2007, this year’s summer tourist season officially started.
In the five fair halls of Budva Adriatic fair more than 180 exhibitors from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy, Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro presented themselves.
While opening the fair, Minister of tourism, Predrag Nenezic, said that everyone could be pleased with the results, which were achieved, in the past few years.
– We have made huge steps forward, achieved great results when we are talking, first of all, about the growth of income, but also about the number of tourists, the number of overnight stays, and the raising of quality of our tourist offer in all segments of the tourist chain. We should not be hypnotizes with the results that we have, because we are only at the beginning of the creation of the new, quality tourist destination of Montenegro. The first visible and tangible results which we achieved give us the right to really expect in the next few years even better positioning of Montenegro as a quality, prestigious tourist destination in the European and world market – said Nenzic.
He added that immediately after the previous season, the Government, the Municipalities, tourist economy, NGO, and the faculties have started to prepare the upcoming tourist season.
– We have started a significant number of infrastructural projects which are still being carried out from season to season, even though the periods for the preparation are shorter and shorter, because the seasons last every year longer. We have started to plan more quality for the further period. We realized that after five years of carrying out of the master plan, as every other serious Government and state we have to have a revision. Until the June the Master plan will be finished, and we will have a chance to, in accordance with the new strategy, develop the tourism in that segment. We are engaged also in the realization of the strategy of human resources in tourism – stated Nenezic.
– Budva, but also our entire coast, central, and mountain part too are real construction places. As a Government we have done a lot, but there are still a lot more things to be done and because of that public private partnership is very important – said Nenezic.
He concluded that this year there would be at least 15.000 workers in tourism, which is 7% more than last year. The vice president of the Municipality, Lazar Radjenovic marked that Budva is a “great positive construction place, which has become a really interesting spot for all the biggest world investors”.
– We are sure that with your support, using those investments, we will become one of the most important summer vacation places in the Mediterranean – stated Radjenovic.
Director of the Adriatic fair, Rajko Bujkovic said that this year’s market represents one of the most successful ones in the past 16 years.
– Among more than 180 exhibitors the participants from the most important tourist destinations, as well as the organizers of tourist travels and accommodations from the country and abroad are traditionally present – except domestic ones, we have exhibitors from Albania, BiH, Italy, Serbia and Croatia. Beside the various forms of tourist industry from mountain, coastal, spa, educational, and congress tourism there will be presented also the complementary offer of transport, equipment, media… The market of private accommodation will be organized separately as a significant segment of tourist offer of Montenegro. The novelty of the this year’s METUBES is the festival of tourist communications, which will be taking place in four categories, and those are: tourist prospect, tourist advertisement, web site, and tourist photography – said Bujokovic.
CTU – THE EXAMPLE OF ORGANZIED BUSINESS
For the first time on some of the tourist markets, in Budva, Montenegrin tourist association (CTU) presented itself on a quality made stand, in the central place of the main hall of the Adriatic fair. They have presented their work until now and their plans.
CTU is an example of an organized tourist business and it is a proof that private partnership in cooperation with the public sector is the only way towards the creation of the quality tourist destination.
With its sectors (hotels, tourist agencies, restaurants, transport, camps, rooms, and suites) CTU directs its activities towards creation of better business frames through the influence on political development which concerns Montenegrin tourism, Montenegrin tourist association presented itself at the tourism fair in Budva with representatives of all sectors. CTU organized the presentation of the firm “Blue Line” from the transport sector, the former Herceg Novi “Autosaobracaj” which has promoted the new name of the company. Special attention provoked the round table on the topic “Low cost carriers and tour operators” which gathered all relevant representatives, from both Montenegro and the surrounding, who spoke on the topic of implementation of the low cost air transporters in Montenegro.
In cooperation with the agency for employment “Marmil” from Podgorica, CTU has organized in Becici elite hotel “The Queen of Montenegro” work market “Employment in tourism”. During the fair days on the stand of CTU firm from Podgorica “Reklama” (Ltd. ADVERTISEMENT) in cooperation with Ltd. Minalive” from Belgrade presented itself. They have introduces the representatives of the tourist business with digital visit cards which represent the multimedia, effective, and attractive way of presentation of companies. These visit cards make a synthesis of text, sound, graphic, animation, and video. Company In Bev Group / Pivara (BREWERY) Trebjesa SC has organized a presentation of the project Beer & Food, and on the stand they had the presentation of monograph Montenegro – Hidden paradise, by author and publisher Reinhold Fleischhackker, which was printed in four languages in 250.000 copies.