Only two days (07.07) are left until the biggest musical spectacle in the history of Montenegro – the concert of the legendary band “The Rolling Stones” and the preparation are in their final stage. For the visitors on Jaz there will be 10 standpoints of the health care of which one of them is a surgery hall on wheels. There will be also a helicopter health unit of MIA and the traffic on that day will be huge so it will be managed by 146 police officers.
– This concert is important for the state and we will try to have it organized and held as best as possible. Since our health care center could not respond to the demands of the organizer the Association of Health care centers at the head with doctor Nebojsa Kavaric took on themselves the obligation to give first aid to all those who might need it. There will be a doctor on the spot, a technician and a driver – pointed out Zoran Spadijer, director of the Health center Budva and added:
We have put an accent on primary health protection, which means that the audience on Jaz will be able to receive the first aid, and we have support of the hospitals in Kotor, Risan, and Podgorica which will, should there be any, receive more serious medical cases.
Spadijer expects that the health workers on that day will most often encounter the cases of collapse, insolation, and drunkenness.
Every day there is a regular crew on Jaz from 8 to 20h, which was the case since 4th of July when the works on placement of the stage and VIP stage began, and the doctors will monitor also the dismantling of the stage – he explained. Other standpoints in Budva, Petrovac, Rafailovici will function normally, and the crews in them during the concert will be strengthened. Workers of the MIA will also have their hands full.
– Entire organization starts from the level of the Administration of Police. Our obligation began long before the concert, with the arrival of first trucks on Jaz. At the day of the concert we are expecting that the traffic will be vast, especially in the area Budva – Jaz. We will try to stop the jams, but it will surely be crowded. Highway Budva Kotor (from main traffic lights at the turn near the Old town to the cross road Lastva Kotor) will be closed for traffic from 9 a.m. until the end of the concert for all vehicles, except for the ones with anteriority of passing through (such as police, fireworks, E.R.), vehicles of the organizers and VIP guests, as well as the buses which will transport the visitors. Other traffic will be managed over the hill Toplis, expect for the cargo vehicles over 5 tones, which on that day will not be ale to go through here. Vehicles for supplying up to five tones will be able to go over Toplis until 3 p.m. when this passage will be closed for them too – revealed Miodrag Zec, older commissary for safety of the traffic in the police of the district unit Budva. According to his words all visitors from abroad will be enabled to cross the Montenegrin border as easy as possible.
– For those who decide to go to Jaz with their own car they have provided a big parking lot but in order to make the crowd as less as possible we invite the visitors to use the organized transport – said Zec adding that they have also made a temporary parking lot for the buses with which the fans of the Rolling Stones from the surrounding will be able to come.
– They will increase the patrols on the road, especially in the zone of the concert. Around Jaz the traffic will be regulated by 146 police officers with all available equipment and technique from all centers. We will have help from entire Montenegro – concluded Zec. The great rock spectacle on Jaz begins at 20h and the gates will be opening at 4 p.m.
“The Thirst” an anonymous British band on whose concert on Jaz the audience will surely not sing, is made of Mensa (vocal and guitar), Marcus (drums and vocal), Marc (guitar and vocal), and bas Kvame from London suburb Brickstone. Even though until now they haven’t published anything recently they managed to thrill Ronny Wood and to sign the contract with his label “Wooden records”. This record and the article which was published about them in NME are their best (and the only) recommendations.
Except the official site www.thethirst.co.yu they have also My space presentation but on these pages yesterday we couldn’t find the data that they are playing in Budva day after tomorrow (08.07.2007 being the current date).
TIME IS STILL PLAYING
The news that the management of The Stones has cancelled the concert of Dado Topic with the band Time has provoked a tumult in previous two days in the media on ex Yu territory, and yesterday Raka Maric even said that the participation of Regina is not secure.
– There it is, even though only few days are left until the concert they are changing plans and they have sent their group The Thirst. Who knows what will happen until the concert itself. With The Stones noting is sure – said yesterday Raka Maric just a few hours before it was said that the Croatian musicians will still be playing on Jaz.
– In the end we have managed to make a deal with the management and have managed to have Time as one of the fore groups as it was previously announced. Beside them, and before the Rolling Stone the audience on Jaz will be entertained by Regina and the british group The Thirst – it was confirmed yesterday for Vijesti by Vukic Raspopovic.
During their 40 years old carrier the Stones were the topic No.1 in gossip section many times. Some of these stories have earned the title of urban myths and they are being told even today. Main actors are Jagger and of course controversial Richards.
One of the most famous stories about Richards says that this famous guitar player has often changed his blood in order to cure himself from heroin addiction. This record entered even some books about the Rolling Stones, and according to the assumptions of the authors the treatment (or several of them) were performed in Switzerland in 1973 in order for Richards to recover as soon as possible for the tour. Richards himself said the following on this topic: “Someone asked me how I got cured from drug addiction, and I told him/her that my blood has been entirely changed in Switzerland. However that was a joke. I just was simply fed up with those questions. Everyone wanted a story and I gave it to them.”
For the most recent news with which Richards has shocked the world he claimed later that he was joking. Still, this vague negation came only after the public was horrified with the confession that several years ago he was enjoying cocaine mixed with the ashes of his father’s body. “The strangest thing, which I have ever tried of drugs? My father. I inhaled my father. He was cremated and I couldn’t resist not mixing it with cocaine. My dad wouldn’t mind” he said for NME and added” “It was pretty good, and I am still alive”. Richards’ father Bert died in 2002 when he was 84 years of age.
Controversies were also provoked last year by his insufficiently explained fall from a palm tree because of which they have postponed the current tour “A Bigger Bang” which they started in 2005. Namely, during his rest on Fiji Richards and his colleague Ronny Wood after liter of alcohol (most likely vodka) have decided to climb the 5 meter tall tree. What the two grandpas were looking for on a palm, considering the amount of alcohol they drank, they themselves probably don’t know, but this undergo was almost fatal for Richards. He slipped, fell and hit with his head the ground from which later a hematoma was removed at New Zealand hospital. Wood luckily has proved to be a much better climber.
Front man Mick Jagger also entered several urban myths. According to the most famous one Angie, former wife of David Bowie has caught his husband in bed with Mick Jagger and he told everything to media. Even though she didn’t see the sex itself, but two man sleeping in the same bed naked this event started rumors and guesses. At that is not the end: the words is that Mick, beside the friendship with David was having an affair with Angie while they were still married, it is also thought that the famous “Angie” is dedicated to her. However Angie years later understood that that song in fact was dedicated to David Bowie.
For Mick’s sexual experiences there is another myth related to his former lover Marianne Faithful. During one party in 1967 at the property of Keith Richards on which there were liters of alcohol police broke in and caught Marianne naked on the floor of the hotel room while ardent Mick was taking candy bars “Mars” which was in her vagina.