Budva – That Montenegro is becoming the most interesting tourist destination in the Mediterranean, shows also the silent war among the leading European tour operators of which each and every one want to have a monopoly on the present market. Even though it is said that Montenegro is becoming a favorite place for staying of Russian guests who is ready to rent all quality hotel capacity not asking for the price, our hotelkeepers are extremely cautious and are strictly taking care that none of the leading European markets can take the dominance.
On the other hand, Russians, Englishmen, Germans, and French like to be major guests, that is, to dominate in the luxurious hotels, and for hotel keepers “the money does not have color” because the best guest is the one which is ready to pay the most, and that is economic policy which is In effect in the whole world.
According to the words of the director of the sector for south east Europe of the leading German tour operator ITS, Jorg Urbschat, what in Germany they see as a danger for Montenegro is the monopoly of one market.
– Russian market is in Montenegro. Having in mind that ITS has also an office in Moscow, we are bringing guests in Montenegro from Germany and from Russia. We are planning to bring 8.000 guests to Montenegro this year, and maybe even more, and about 5.000 of guests are from Russian and 3.000 from German market. We are mostly bringing hotel guests to Montenegro, because private accommodation is not suitable for our clients. In the last few years the quality of hotel accommodation in Montenegro is better and better. What Montenegro should work on a lot is the quality of service, out of board offer and the offer of the beaches – said for “Vijesti” Urbschat.
He claims that German market, when we are talking about Montenegro, is in decrease in the last two years.
The same opinion has the manager of the sector for Balkans in TUI Michael Schtive who says that Russian market has become dominant in Montenegro.
– TUI, unfortunately this year will send fewer guests than last year in Montenegro. We are never speaking in numbers, but during the year 2006 we have brought significantly greater number of tourist than a year before. Montenegro this year is a bit more expensive compared to other destinations, which are being offered in German market because it is under the influence of Russian guests who are ready to pay much more. For German market that is too much, because staying in Montenegro is much more expensive that the vacation in Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Bulgaria, and even Spain – said Schtive, adding that too big dominance of one market rejects other guests.
– Hotel capacities in Montenegro are great. There is a great number of hotels which satisfy high standards, but the infrastructure is not following that level – concluded Schtive.
That hotel keepers are taking care that in their hotels guests from all markets of Europe are present, confirms the co-owner of the chain of hotels “Montnegro stars” Zarko Radulovic”.
– During the summer, when German guesta are coming, there are least Russian tourist in our hotels. Of 180 rooms in our Becici hotel “Montenegro” only 40 of them were given to Russian market. It is a similar case with “Splendid” where from 350 rooms only 50 were given for the Russian market. No one has to right to be angry, because the one who pays the most will be resting in our hotels, which are of high category.
Tourist employees think that the possible solution of this problem would be in issuing of a license that low cost air transporters can enter in Montenegro and bring individual guests who are ready to pay even bigger prices for staying in hotels, than those to whom those capacities are offered in a package arrangement.
KAZANEGRA: THE GERMANS HAVE NOT STOPPED LOVING MONTENEGRO
Even though this year booking from German market is 10 % bigger, so we are expecting at least 23.000 tourists from that country the president of Montenegrin tourist association Branko Diki Kazanegra thinks that German market for several years more will not restore the place, which it had in 1980’s.
– The reason for that is not that the Germans have stopped loving Montenegro, but because we simply lack the adequate capacities for that market. When we have those capacities the German market would come back in the amount in which used to come. Surely, all quality beds, which we have, we can display in this market. After many years some hotelkeepers had to make a stop of the booking, which didn’t occur, as far as I can remember, since 1980’s – stressed Kazanegra.