If for some marketing move of promotion of Montenegro one can say that it is a bingo, then for sure that is the organization of the musical spectacle – concert of rock group “The Rolling Stones”, on the 9th of July on the Budva beach Jaz. Even though in previous year we tried and more or less managed to make the world hear about the small Montenegro through tourist promotional campaign, as well as through many political happenings on the Balkans, the very news that the historic British group the popular “Stones” will come to “some Budva”, or as Jagger would say “Badva” has went around the entire planet.
The funs of this band, and there are millions all over the world have found out that in a virgin beach in the Mediterranean the old time rocker will make a best party.
Rejecting Ibiza, and the fancy Saint Trope, the “Stones” still “fell for Budva”, whether because of the beauty or “a bit more money” Montenegro has won the battle. Many surrounding countries, such as Croatia have offered much more money and better conditions, but the “irresistible charm” of the Montenegrin negotiators, and it looks like we are among the best in the world in that, was decisive for the “rolling stones” to roll to the wild beauty.
Now everything is clear, the contract has been signed and it only remains for us to prepare ourselves as better as possible for the concert to indeed get the epithet of a spectacle. The idea that Budva should be a concert center of the Adriatic, which was initiated by the president of DPS, Svetozar Marovic, otherwise from Budva, and which was received with skeptics by many still came true. The municipality Budva as the organizer of the entire event has engaged the Belgrade agency “Music star production” at whose head is the famous manager Raka Maric.
– “Rolling Stones” are coming in Budva, the contract has been signed, the fees have been paid in, everything is done. We are expecting that the technical crew of the group will arrive in Montenegro on the 5th of July. They are coming with 53 big trucks by boat from Bari and with 12 buses. The crew is made of 200 people. As soon as they come they will start to construct the stage on Jaz. The stage will be placed behind the auto camp – announced Maric for “Vijesti”.
He said that in the next 7 days 73.000 tickets will be released in sale for Budva concert.
– Having in mind that the concert on Belgrade Hippodrome is being held 5 days later, the prices of the tickets in Budva and Belgrade are similar so the prices will be 35, 50, 100 up to 450 and 500 euros for VIP places. There will be 3.000 VIP tickets in sale – said Maric.
The town manager Aleksandar Ticic who was in the negotiating team with the managers of the Stones says that the local administration has already begun the preoperational organization works.
– We will try to respect all the conditions which they have demanded in order for the concert to be held at all. So that means, the improving of the electrical power, bringing of new telephone lines, Internet, stand points with water… Of course, the entire terrain in front of the stage will be pressed and prepared for the arrival of at least 80.000 people. The municipality will try to make everything else function in the best possible way, starting from the communal service, Waterworks and other infrastructure elements necessary for the organization of this big event – said Ticic.
Mick Jagger after the concert in Italian capital with his band and the accompanying crew comes from Rome on Tivat airport on the 8th of July, and form there by a helicopter he will come to “Splendid”. He and his closet team will be accommodated in elite hotel in Becici, and according to the words of the co-owner of the chain of hotels “Montenegro stars” Zarko Radulovic in that facility they will have at their disposal 12 luxurious suites.
– Jagger will be accommodated in penthouse suite of 200 square meters. It is interesting that the other members of the band just as Jagger will have the same treatment of accommodation, as well as the light man, tone man, and make up man. For the technical staff and the rest of the crew which counts 200 people we have offered them our hotel in the center of Budva “Blue star” – explained Radulovic.
“Rolling Stones” on a European part of the tour “A Bigger Bang” will have 27 concerts, mostly in metropolis. In order for the organization to be great, the technical crew of the rock group has three big stages which they install in three European towns, following the schedule of the holding of concerts. So in Rome, which precedes Budva, the blue stage has been set up, we will have the green stage installed, while the blue one from the eternal town in the meantime will be transferred to Belgrade. After the concert in Rome the red stage will move to Buckhurst and so on as the tour goes on.
Except the 200 member of the crew who escort the group all over the world another 250 people will be engaged with about 1.000 people on accompanying positions which are necessary for a successful organization, starting from the police forces, traffic police, firefighters, medical crew…
Except 54 personal bodyguards, Jagger and the members of the crew will be protected by additional 100 members of the police force, and some safety measures are also predicted.
Technical gear is made of 23 big trucks with a construction of the stage, 40 big trucks of production gear, and 12 buses with crew. Special parts are two generator trucks which are a part of the gear with which they have a secured electrical supplying of the production gear. One catering truck is also coming with the crew for feeding of the staff, and one truck is reserved solely for the wardrobe of the old time rockers. The convoy from Rome which comes to Budva is made also from 10 van vehicles, two limousines, a bus with 50 seats and a special truck for the luggage of the rockers. The installment of the stage will begin on the 5th of July early in the morning. The main stage will be 62 meters wide, 28 meters deep and 25 meters high. On 55 meters from the main stage there will be places an aid stage of dimensions 16×16 which will be located in the middle of the concert space. A special stage will be constructed with VIP seats. The production mechanization is made of three crane and 10 derrick.
The concert starts at 20h, and the entrance for visitors will be allowed starting from 16h. The entire space from Sightseeing place above Budva to Lastva Grbaljska, as we found out will be turned into a promenade zone so they are planning to engage about 30 shuttle buses which will transport people to Jaz. They have also planned to construct a special parking. As for the back stage, they have planned to place 30 containers for the needs of the wardrobe and production, 6 to 8 tents for the accompanying crew and the organizer obliged itself to provide 35 telephone lines and four connections for ADSL.
As on the tour last year, the visitors at the end of the concert will have a chance to enjoy in the spectacular fireworks, and the negotiations with the local companies which are in pyrotechnics have already begun. Having in mind that Budva on those days will receive at least 80.00 people it is already being considered where those people wil be accommodated, because in the beginning of July in Budva hotels as a rule there are no free rooms. What is for sure is that from this concert the owners of the private accommodation in Budva, Lastva, Tivat, and Kotor will have the best profit who already now are announcing that the price of the overnight stay on those days will be more expensive.
To sum up, a very hot Budva summer is in front of us, as Jagger himself has announced inviting all of his funs to come to Budva.
TELEKOM SERBIA THE GENERAL SPONSOR
Having in mind that these kinds of spectacles are a magnet for sponsors the battle among the leading companies from the country and the surrounding has already begun.
As we found out, beside two domestic companies of mobile operators, in the game for the general sponsorship alreadyT Serbia has entered to whom the concert of the Stones would be a great promotional campaign because soon they intend to appear on Montenegrin market as the third mobile operator.
Having in mind that one of the general sponsors of Belgrade concert is Apatin brewery there is also the interest that some of the bear producers from the country and the surrounding will take over the sponsorship of the concert.
MICK AND THE BOYS 2,6 MILLIONS OF EUROS
Even though in the public people started to speculate about the amount of the fee which the “Stones” will get for the concert in Budva, as we found out the lively 60 years olds for a thre hour concert will get 2,6 millions of euros.
– How big is the fee, is a business secret, not even Jagger himself doesn’t know how much he got, only his manager knows that – said Raka Maric.
However, 2,6 millions of euros is a small figure if it is taken into consideration that the organizer solely form the sale of the tickets will earn 5 millions. Namely, solely from the sale of the VIP tickets 1,5 millions of euros will be earned. Then it is no wonder that the Zagreb mayor, Milan Bandic is “crying” because he offered four millions of euros to Jagger and his company to come to Croatian capital. After their concert last year failed because the guitar player from the group Keith Richards broke his leg on Figgie the heads of Zagreb could not forgive themselves the fact that this year they will not receive the “Stones”
BECKHAM WENT JAGGER CAME
Mick Jagger will be accommodated in a luxurious suite whose arrangement is being finished those days. A curiosity is that on that morning when Jagger arrives, world popular football player David Beckham who in the begging of July will be staying in “Splendid” as an invitee on the wedding of the famous Greek ship owner, will be leaving. Jagger will have at his disposal two big bedrooms with bathrooms, sauna, Jacuzzi, fitness huge saloon, dining room and kitchen as well as the terrace with a pool.
Jagger will go to the concert from his suite by a helicopter, and also an option is that a luxurious yacht will transfer him from “Splendid” to Jaz.
– This is one of the best advertisements for our hotel. On this suite we will place special tags with the names of Beckham and Jagger so that everyone knows that they stayed in it. Sveti Stefan for years lived at the expense of the fame because it received divas such as Sophia Loren and Elizabeth Taylor – said Radulovic.
Capricious rocker still hasn’t demanded some special conditions except that every morning in his suite he wants four packs of Marlboro and 17 ashtrays. As for the food, as we found out, Jagger is bringing 5 of his chefs. Mick likes exclusively healthy organic food, without giving up on meat.