Kotor – Canadian billionaire Peter Munk gave yesterday to the mayor of Kotor, Marija Catovic, a donation worth 140 thousands of euros – an eco – cleaning ship “Cataglop”, which will, as it was said, contribute the enhancement of the quality of water in the bay.
The ship is 6 meters long, and according to the newest world order, it was made by the French company “Ecoceane”.
It has the possibility that through the new system for vacuuming, which is placed between its two hulls, accumulates the hard waste and hydro carbonic spots. After that it separates the hard waste from liquid, and from the stern it lets out the clean water into the sea.
The efficiency of that system was proved by strong ecological tests, which were conducted by the authority services of France.
The work of “Cataglop” will be managed by Kotor Harbor, and it will be financed by Munk’s company “Adriatic Marinas”.
– We wish to make Montenegro a much better place than Monte Carlo or Portofino are – said Munk, pointing out that there is no industry or tourist economy in the world which can bring so much income and progress as luxurious tourism can.
– That is why we wish that to happen here, in Montenegro, where we have the opportunity to build and to develop ourselves. I think that we are going in that direction because we have with us the best world architects and engineers from the area of nautical tourism, as well as the experts for ecology and protection of the environment – said Munk.
In the goal of creation of such space, as he says, which no one else in the world will have, his company has brought in Montenegro the World and the European bank for reconstruction and development.
Catovic pointed out that the donation is a very important event for Kotor, and that they will use the ship for cleaning the sea from plastic and oil spots.
– That is very important for this part of the bay, where especially during the summer, numerous yachts stay. The ship will be used in the entire bay, and it would be good if we had several more of these ships – she stated on the ceremony in the Kotor Harbor.
That company and the Municipality have signed a contract about cooperation with the company “Adriatic Marinas” on the 28th of October last year. The donation, as it was said in the joined announcement, is one of first Munk’s moves in the goal of enhancement of ecology, even though the contracts about the investments still haven’t been concluded.
HE VISITED ARSENAL TOO
Tivat – Peter Munk stayed yesterday also in Tivat and on that occasion he visited the Arsenal, which he bought last year, and which he has he intention to turn into and exclusive nautical tourist complex.
Canadian then met the mayor, Dragan Kankaras, with whom he talked about the so far preparations for taking over of the Arsenal in spring and the beginning of the analysis of the realization of the project, which in the international business press is already being mentioned as Porto Adriatico or Porto Montenegro.
– In ten days Munk will again come to Tivat when we will be able to publicly announce some more concrete details, and at that point we should be also able to officially present the project of the new nautical center – said Kankaras, adding that there are some “very nice things in indications”.
The new owner of the Arsenal yesterday spoke with the chief of the union of that shipyard.
– On the question whether it is sure that the contract about the sales of the Arsenal will be definitely concluded, Munk told us that that does not depend on him, but on the Government, which in that transit period, which expires on the 28th of April, has to finish a certain part of taken obligations – said for “Vijesti” yesterday the president of the Union of the Arsenal, Dragan Miljanic.
RADOVIC AT THE HEAD OF THE HARBOR
Ljubo Radovic was named for the new director of Kotor Harbor, in stead of Mladen Lucic, who until now was on that function. Radovic is DPS’s personnel and until now he was at the head of Secretary for culture.
The municipality since the middle of the last year is the major owner of AD (CP – Corporation company) Kotor Harbor with 55, 8% of the stock sharing funds.
The board of directors of that company was also chosen, on whose head remained the current president Nikola Konjevic.
In front of the Municipality, except Konjevic we have the president of Kotor DPS, Boro Kascelan, and the official of SDP, Nikola Bukilic.
In front of the state funds in the board of directors are Vasilije Vidovic, and Mladen Lucic, the representative of minor stock holders.