Budva – Even though many with disbelief have looks at the program of the organization of the arrival of Austrian pensioners, considering that those are the less wealthy guests, with greater demands, after 5 organized tours and the staying of more than 9.000 guests from that Alpine state, the unique mark is that Budva and hotel industry have completely justified the epithet of the metropolis of tourism. Despite the fact that many of the Austrian pensioners are deep in the 9th decade, our tourist employees were taken aback by the energy that these tourist have, by the desire to eat and drink well, to spend and to have a great time.
The contract which Budva agency “Monteja Globtour” made with the Austrian agency of the Association of the pensioners “Senioren Reisen” predicted that during the pre-season this and the following year 20.000 Austrian pensioner will come to Montenegro. In the realization of the contract the agencies “Adriatic express”, and “AMC Communications”, as well as the transport company “Blue line” from Herceg Novi (former “Autosaobracaj”) got included and the great help came from the Municipality of Budva.
1.200 rooms have been leased in 6 elite Becici hotels, in which during the 5 weeks organized groups of pensioner stayed. Even though many of the hotel keepers thought that the construction of the infrastructure in the area of Budva would be one of the main complaints, and that in the end of the entire program everyone will get numerous complaints, quite opposite happened.
Austrian pensioners, not more or less, were thrilled with the entire organization, staying in the hotels, kindness, and the dust and the noise from the construction machines, as well as the construction of the main traffic lines, because of which they were often in traffic jams, left a positive impression on them, because as they said in the letter, they greet the development of every town.
Austrian ambassador M.A Florien Raunig said that the staying of pensioners in Montenegro was extremely well organized.
That Budva will be even better prepared for the next year mayor Rajko Kuljaca promised that when once again he apologized because during the stay of the Austrian pensioners the construction works have been done.
– Budva really wants to become a tourist European metropolis and all our projects go in that direction. Carrying out of many great projects are in process, and the next year when the second tour of the Austrian guests comes a more modern Budva will receive them – said Kuljaca.
According to the words of the vice mayor of Lync, and the president of the Association of pensioners of Upper Austria Ingrid Holcamer heard only positive impressions from all groups from Upper Austria.
– This time from Upper Austria came 4.200 pensioners. They are unanimous n the mark that the hotels are great, the food is exquisite, and the personnel kind and helpful. That is almost unusual, because every year we organize great travels for our pensioners and we always have complaints, because nowhere the things function without a mistake – said Holcamer.
She said that in a special journal dedicated to all pensioners a report about the stay in Montenegro will be published.
– Of course, it will be a positive report, so I believe that that will wake up the curiosity in other pensioners from Upper Austria so that they will in a greater number come to Montenegro for a vacation. Next year we expect that pensioners from other three regions, Tyrol, Salzburg, Vienna, and Styria – she said.
The owner of “Monteja globtour” Mira Radunovic confirmed that all feedback information, which they got from Austria, were positive.
– The president of the Association of pensioners of Austria Karl Bleha told us that all the information that they got from pensioners were absolutely positive. Now we are in the phase of defining of the capacities with hotelkeepers for the next year. “Senioren reisen” next year plans to bring to Montenegro about 11.500 pensioners – announced Radunovic.
GALANT IN THE HOTEL AND OUTSIDE OF IT
That the Austrian pensioners are extremely great spenders confirmed the director of the company “Iberostar Bellevue” Karlo Petelin in whose Becici complex stayed per week averagely at least 500 Austrian pensioners.
– Every hotelkeeper would want that kind of guests. They are extremely cheerful people who like to spend, and who are above all disciplined. We are satisfied with the put of board expenditure. Every Tuesday, before the departure of the organized group we have prepared for them a farewell party, and they replied by collecting the money and giving it in an envelope to us to give it to the personnel. I am especially pleased by the fact that they liked our food, because the Austrians are considered to be guests who are “not easy” for that matter. From the organizer we got all the information when some guests is having a birthday and then we prepared surprises for them as a greeting with a bottle of Champaign and a small cake – said Petelin.
Austrian pensioners were gallant not just to the hotel personnel, but also to hotel and bus guides, drivers, so often the group knew to collect up to 500 euros and to treat the guide.
– I was worried how everything will go, because those are older guests. It is interesting the fact that they have a special concept of rewarding. At the end of every staying the group collects the money, and in envelopes they give it to guides and drivers, those were really nice sums of money – told the guide Anton Sinistaj.