Ulcinj – The announcement of valorization of Ada through sensational investments 70 millions of euros worth doesn’t disturb very few tourists on that island near Ulcinj. They know very well that any fooling around with the most beautiful wilderness in the Mediterranean would be equal to suicide. Except the accommodation, fw of them have changed anything else. Marijana von Depka (49) and Andreas Pureu (52) from Keln say that after almost a year of city noise and crown they need endless silence and freedom “in the real sense of that word”. They point out that on Azure coast they have been spending their summer vacation until 2004 when they have heard for Ada for the first time, and then came, saw and made a decision.
– In France nudists and the ones who are not nudists share the same beach. Here that is not the case, because of which the sense of freedom is incomparable – says Marijana. According to her words the food and the service on Ada are on highest level.
– Maybe something should be done on the issue of accommodation but not at the expense of anything above mentioned – they say unanimously.
About the valorization of Ada Andreas, as he says, found out from the text recently published in “Vijesti”.
– I think that it would be a mistake to sell Ada. I see that the state is determined to preserve it and that is good – points out Andreas showing great knowledge about the entire situation. He adds that in the same period next year they will be on Ada.
Minister of tourism Predrag Nenezic announced at the end of last week the soon announcement of the open competition for tourist valorization of Ada emphasizing that the future investors will be allowed to build under strictly determined conditions and only on 1/6 of the island.
Spouses Brigita (66) and Rajner (64) Burkhardt from Dresden this spring are for the third time on Ada. Sunny Calabria they have replaced with unique island and they have no regrets.
– In Calabria the beach is shorter then here, there is a lot of concrete, and the nature is completely different. Besides, in difference to Calabria, here everyone speaks German – says Rajner and ads that he heard for Ada for the first time 17 – 18 years ago.
– I read a text about the healing effects of the sand on the island. At that time the war wa raging here, but I decided that I will com elater and check that out. And as you now can see I am here and I will be again here – points out Rajner and adds that the tourist agency “Obena”, which in the catalogue had the offer of Ada, has the credit for the fact that finally three years ago he came to this magical island. His wife Brigita claims that the more and more rising competition in the surrounding will force the authorities to invest in the lodgment and in the island.
– That is only what this area needs – she says and points out that Ulcinj is a small place with incredibly beautiful Old town and Pristan (DOCK).
Director of the lodgment on Ada, Ljubo Nocmartini says that the employees have done everything to receive guests readily.
– At the moment we have 40 guests and extremely well announcements, which is on the level of last year. There is always a possibility of later bookings but we are ready as never before – says Nocmartini. He agrees with the guests who claim that Ada needs only better accommodation even though the complex “Lux” is entirely air conditioned, supplied with satellite signal and mini bars.
– Since 1990 the facilities were just made up and dressed, and the competitors are moving away. Bulgaria and Turkey until few years ago could not even compare with us and today the situation is different – says Nocmartini. The chief of reception Sabro Basic points out that the Turks in the search for quality hotelier personnel have even reached for their countrymen in Germany, who in the meantime have learned the language.
– In order to make them to come they have given them the salaries which they had in Germany – says Sabro alluding to the fact that old Ulcinj hoteliers speak German language almost half a century.
CUT OFF THE CIVILIZATION
Everyone does not imagine valorization of Ada in the same way. Flattery title for the most interesting vision of the future development of the attractive island, if a choice had to be made, would no doubt go to former minister of ex SFRJ Zeljko Simic.
– I warmly recommend the cutting off of any kind of elements of civilization which disturb the authenticity of the natural ambience. Warm water, light inn the rooms, towels, and as a final consequence I suggest the ruining of all facilities, bringing of bulldoggers which would flatten the entire area in lovely landscape (restricting of white coffee is also included) – wrote Simic in a book of impression while he was having his summer vacation on Ada in august 1998.
MANAGER ALMOST LOST HIS LICENSE
Spouses Nurkhardt in Ulcinj on Ada came few days before the official opening, which almost made Basic to loose his riving license.
– On the 8th of May in the afternoon, director Nocmaritini told me that Burkhardts have arrived, even though we have announced the opening of the hotel a day later.
Of course we were ready for the reception of guests so I “jumped into” the car and rushed to accommodate the old acquaintances. I haven’t looked at the pointer on the kilometer watch and I noticed the radar and the police late. Still, they had understanding for me – says Basic.