Tourist employees from the North claim that this year’s winter season was not so good.
Podgorica – This year’s winter tourist season was worse compared to the last year – claim the tourist employees from main winter tourist centers in Montenegro.
Warm winter, lack of the snow cower and more contents of out of board offer, are the main reasons of weak visit of winter centers which marked the greatest visit in the first half of the January. The season was pretty good until the 20th of January, but after that it was a failure, say the collocutors of “Vijesti”.
Commercial director of HTE Primorje, whose part is hotel Planinka on Zabljak, Katarina Kazanegra said that until the 20th of January it was filled with 70% of the total capacities of the hotel, which is twice as much, compared to earlier years.
– Even though Zabljak did not have a “hole” in the visit after the New Year’s holidays, unfortunately from the 20th of January the number of guests in hotel was lesser than in was planned. Because of the warm winter and the lack of snow a great number of groups was canceled whose staying in hotel was planned for the end of January and beginning of February. Several sports competitions on Zabljak were postponed, and also the individual staying of guests in hotel and in the town was shorter than the planned. Everyone is sorry that the “boom” from the beginning of January did not continue in February and in March. The fullness of hotels and the number of overnight stays would be much bigger if the weather conditions have allowed that – stressed Kazenegra.
The manager of NP Durmitor Tomo Pajovic said that the visit in January was better compared to previous years, while the results in the February and in the first half of March were “decent and approximately the same as in previous years”.
– Even though we welcomed the season readily the lack of snow had such effect that the number of tourists was lesser. Center for visitors and restaurant “Crno Jezero” have marked a good visit. The number of foreign guests compared to previous years was significantly enlarged – said Pajovic. In hotel “Bianca” in Kolasin the greatest percent of overnight stays, just as in previous years, were made by the guests from Albania, while the greatest fullness of capacities during the weekend made people from Podgorica.
PR manager of the hotel Dragan Perisic said that winter tourist season was not satisfying, because there wasn’t enough snow.
This year’s season in Kolasin, as he said, was weaker, compared to the past year.
– The fullness in the hotel Bianca however was on a satisfactory level, because we provide additional contents. Except the wellness center, which is a separate unit in the hotel, we have the greatest interest for the stays for the weekend when the fullness of capacities is the greatest. For the weekend mostly domestic guests are interested, among whom citizens of Podgorica advance.
THE COAST IS INTERESTING FOR THEM
Director of the hotel Queen of Montenegro from Becici, Dragan Ivancevic said that tourist employees from the coast have shown this year that the coast is not attractive just during the summer, but also during the winter, and that the season thanks to the contents that the hotel is offering lasts for 12 months.
– Organization of congresses, seminars, recreational contents for sportsmen, lottery games are just a part of the contents, which they have in the offer. Except our hotel, good visit also had Maestral , Splendid, and other hotels. All tourist workers have to understand as soon as possible that there no longer exists the division on winter and summer tourist season. Montenegro is a tourist destination in which the season lasts 12 months and everyone has to create the offer for the entire year – noted Ivancevic.
MORE GUESTS THAN LAST YEAR
Minister of tourism Predrag Nenezic, after the yesterdays session of Government on which they have adopted the information about the results of the winter season, said that in this year’s winter season for three months was visited by 27% more tourists than it was the case last year, and that 30% more overnight stays were achieved.
– The season was as it was planned. Hotels on the coast were more filled compared to previous years. In the north the hotels in December and January marked solid visit, while in February they had a falling gradient because of the lack of snow cover. 45% more tourists has visited the coast compared to the last year, and the north marks the 12% better visit – said Nenezic, adding that the incomes from the tourism according to preliminary results indicate the 7,4 millions of euros of income, which is 20% more than last year.
The Government on a yesterday’s session determined the suggestions of the law on identification and registration of animals, about the means for the nutrition of herbs, the law on ratification of the Contract about the taking over of the loans, credits, and money aid with the International bank for reconstruction and development, and International association as well as the suggestions of the law about the changes and amendment of the law about the foreign investments, foreign trade and the minority rights and freedoms.