Basic goals of national park “Skadar Lake” for this year, according to the words of the director Zoran Mrdak, are the construction of centers for visitors in the most significant tourist lodgments in the Park, placement of tourist – educational signalization and equipping of 8 walking paths.
– Beside the center on Vranjina, which this year has been complemented with next exhibits and ethno room, next month the construction and equipping of the centers in Murici and River Crnojevc will be finished. We are building centers in cooperation with IRD, and we are planning the construction of the Center in Virpazar, which beside the information – presentation function will have a segment for tasting of wine from that region – said Mrdak.
– We are planning to place 10 tables for most significant monuments of cultural heritage. Of walking paths we will make the one on Lipovik, which will be traced in the scope of Hunting ban which was established by King Nikola. In cooperation with the Hunting association, we wish in that part of NP to make a unique recreational – educational space – the first classroom in nature in Montenegro. All of that has been predicted as a part of the Project of development if tourist infrastructure, which is conducted by German association for technical cooperation, and financed by the developmental agency – said Mrdak.
In the upcoming season Mrdak expects more than 30.000 visitors.
– All those interested for transport of tourists, except the sailing permit and approval for performing of that activity, have to have also a signed contract with NP “Skadar Lake”. From this year on dock in Virpazar, Vranjina, and Lipovik there will be places entry terminals in the Park, where beside the purchase of the entry tickets people will get basic information about the tourist offer – stated Mrdak.
According to his words, in NP they are organizing also the tours of observing of birds, touring of ornithological reserve Pancevo oko. Mrdak invited all those interested to call in the center for visitors on Vranjina where they will get all necessary information.
According to his words, the basic obstacle for investors was the lack of Master plan documentation for all 13 lodgments in the National Park.
– As a part of the project “Master plan in the region of Skadar Lake”, which was financed by German association for technical cooperation, has begun with the making of the Study of locations for Vranjina, Murici, and Zabljak Crnojevica, so next year we are expecting the possibility of construction of new tourist facilities in the Park – stressed Mrdak.
CONFISCATED 175 NETS
Since the begging of the fishing ban, because of the illegal fishing 10 felony denouncements have been submitted.
– The guardian service of the National park has confiscated 175 nets, 27 drums, two jolly boats, three reservoirs, three lamps, one aggregate, and an explorer. In the works of protection of fish funds, National park has an important aid from Border maritime force – pointed out Mrdak.