Budva – The biggest investment on the Adriatic, the construction of Budva marina with accompanying hotel – business and navigation facilities of high category, whose value is estimated on half a billion of euros, represents one of the biggest construction undergoes which will be carried out in the past two decades in Europe.
Idea project of the appearance of the future marina was made by, at the moment most famous architect for navigation, French Jean – Michel Wilmot, and it predicts the constructions of two attached luxurious marinas, one in the place of already existing one along the bulwarks of the Old town, and the other one on the island Sveti Nikola, which over the sea will be connected by an unusual walking path – pass way 600 meters long. The project, from which at first sight your breath is taken away because it belongs to the ones from the future, completely has protected the natural look of the island as well as the cultural – historical value two and a half millenniums old Budva town, and special attention is dedicated to protection of natural environment with adoption of ecological standard.
Navigation, which has been neglected without justification in Montenegro, in the past few years has experienced a real boom, and after the privatization of Tivat’s Arsenal and the vision of billionaire Peter Munk to make from Tivat a navigation center, French corporation is interested to develop elite tourism in Budva. With the construction of two marinas with great number of bindings, of which in the one beside the Old town mega yachts will be able to sail in, which until now was not possible, and the one on the island which will be used for rich clients, who want privacy along the entire rest and all inclusive navigation offer, from service to navigation shops, with the staying in luxurious villas, will position Budva as the metropolis of navigation tourism on the Adriatic.
Wilmot, who was the projector of the most beautiful marinas in the world, the ones in Cannes, Nice, Shanghai, says that Budva marina will overshadow all marinas in the Mediterranean and it will represent a real delicatessen for the pickiest navigators.
– This is a very important project for the development of Montenegro. We have decided to base ourselves on quality, and not on quantity, so there won’t be any crammed construction or big marinas. Marina must not be too big, but it has to be fitted in in the Old town. It will follow the line of the shore and we will not make a big one nor will we widen it from the existing one in order for us not to jeopardize Slovenska plaza. With the old town marinas we would make several accompanying modern facilities which all have modern marinas, and which are necessary for satisfaction of the needs of those who have bound their yachts – said exclusively for “Vijesti” Wilmot.
Wilmot who past few days stayed in Budva and who has made with the made project a good balance between two marinas which will function as an entity.
– Marina along the Old town would have 320 bindings, while the one on the island would have 160 places for yachts. Both marinas will be protected in case of bad weather with the construction of a thunder shield, so the yachts will be safe in them – explained Wilmot.
He added that the special attention will be given to the future look of the island,, because of which on it a marina of smaller capacities is being built in which smaller yachts will be bound.
– The construction of hotel contents would follow the natural surrounding, that is it wouldn’t disrupt the ambience, so beside the luxurious hotel with 400 beds, on the island smaller villas would be built, that is bungalows and suites with cascade type with a lot of greenery, and which practically would be hidden in the Mediterranean plants. Hotel will be of high category with wellness and spa centers for the highest class of guests. When you come in the marina on the island you will have all what is necessary not just to you but also for the accommodation and maintaining of yachts. Along the very marina navigation shops will be build as well as the suites for those who wish to rest here. A part of the marina will be a great plateau, but all of that will not jeopardize the nature. Two big beaches will be kept, because my goal is not to project something which will jeopardize nature – pointed out Wilmot.
That the construction of a modern marina in Budva is necessary testifies the fact that in the past years numerous people from jet-set, from the owner of Formula 1 Bernie Ecclestone, Russian Billionaire Roman Abramovic, and Hollywood starts Michael Douglas and his wife Catherine Zeta Jones came with luxurious mega yachts worth hundreds of millions of euros, but because of the disability to sail in the harbor, they were forced to anchor themselves near the island. The construction of the marina could start already after the adoption of Master plan of special intention of the zone of sea welfare, which is in the Parliament procedure, as well as after the bringing of detailed urban plans whose creation in the Municipality is nearing the end.
OVER THE BRIDGE TO SVETI NIKOLA
Even though many have dreamed to come to Budva Hawaii on foot, and that ides seemed to them impossible, the project of the famous French men predicts the construction of a passing bridge which will connect the Old town and the Island.
– What will give a special mark to the entire project is exactly the bridge which will connect two marinas. In the middle of the bridge there will be a special part which will be able to open, and that will be made to look as if it is floating, so the ships can go under it. With that none of the sailing routes will be jeopardized, or even the tune which is one of the natural rarities of this part of underwater world. The passing bridge will be maid of metal and wood, and it will be 600 meters long, 5 meters wide, and 7 meters high – said Wilmot.
CONCCERT HALL IN THE CENTER OF MARINA
The most exclusive part of Budva marina will be the center which will be built on the very edge of the existing marina, in the place of present open pool, from where towards the island the passing bridge will go through. The center will be much more beautiful from the, at the moment, most luxurious one in Barcelona which was built for the Olympics.
– The center will unify the concert hall with 300 seats which is meant for displaying of theater, and ballet shows, and projections of movies, and all cultural events, which in Budva at the moment is highly necessary because there are no similar spaces for that purpose. A part of the center would be also a luxurious restaurant with 6 stars whose one part would be below the sea, modernly equipped with unusual interior which would fit in in such an ambience of the underwater world. In the center they would also construct a luxurious night bar with levels for fun of young people which would also have all the standards of modern cafés of high category of that kind. There would also e a shopping center – stressed Wilmot.