The church of Sveta Klara (St. Clara) with Franciscan convent in the shape in which we find it today dates from XVIII century. This church is located immediately next to the bulwarks of the Old town in Kotor. It is made up of the additional buildings of the church of Sveta Klara (St. Clara), which are grouped around the closed yard. In the church there is a luxurious baroque altar, which is a piece of work of Francesco Cabianca. The church was made in renascence style. The most valuable segment of this church you will find on its north side, and that is the baroque altar made of colorful marble. Ivan Bolic financed the construction of the alatar.
In the place of the present Franciscan convent there used to be a female benediction convent along with the church of Sveti Bartolomej (St. Bartholomew) which is missing today. The convent has a rich library with great number of old books printed in the period between 1450 and 1500. In the treasury of the church, there are a great number of valuable paintings of which maybe the most important painting is Ecce Homo which is considered the work of Morales El Divino.