On the way from Risan towards Perast, along the shore of the sea you will come across the Risan monastery Banja. The creation of this monastery is connected to the name of Stefan Nemanja from XII century. It is thought that this monastery got its name by the Roman bathrooms, which in one of the severe earthquakes fell into the sea together with the antique Risan. Some more precise data appears for the first time in XVII century. At the beginning of XVII centry, Petar Kordic from Risan raised on the remains of the medieval church an altar and dedicated it to Sveti Djordje (St. George). Stanasije Hilandarac raised the present church in 1720. In the monastery treasury of the present church, there are a great number of precious items such as icons from Boka, Greece, Russia, works of various craftsmen, silver embroidery etc. An example of artistic church embroidery – stole and bracelets especially stand out. The embroidery has been made with silver and golden threads, and the faces of saints have been presented on them, while on the bottom one can see patrons. Monastery also has a great library containing church books, which are mostly of Russian origin.