Until recently it was thought that the Benediction priests raised the monastery in the early middle century. But still, today’s researches and diggings show the tracks from the early Christian period) even from the period of the emperor Constantine). Archeological crew has found a grave from the early Christian period, and thanks to the coin which was found there it can be said fit certainty that the grave dates from the period from the beginning of the VI century, so from the period of emperor Diocletian.
In the XV century the monastery was very damaged in one fight in which 70 priests died. Thanks to the effort and endeavors of Katarina Veselinovic from Risan, in 1833 beside the remains of this church a church of Sveta Trojica (Saint Trinity) was built. Namely, Katarina has bought 1/3 of Prevlaka, with the intention to renew the monastery and the church. When she became aware that what she has is not enough for making her ideas come true, she decided to do what was possible.
She renewed a part of the ancient threshold for her residence, as well as the house beside for servants. Instead of the renewal of the big church she wanted to build on its ruins a smaller church, but because of the advice of Prevlaka priest she gave up on that idea. Still, she managed to build her legacy – the church of Presveta Trojica (Saint Trinity), on the grounds of the old edifice. She cleaned the weed, and other shrubbery renewed the olive groves and orchards, arranged the paths and the coastal approach, kept and promoted, as hosts do, the monastery property. In the end for her heir of the half of that property she named bishop Petar II Petrovic Njegos, and the other half she gave to Prevlaka church of Sveta Trojica (Saint Trinity).
Since 1950 in this place several various archeological researches were done, and the church is being renewed since 1997.
In this monastery is the seat of the Orthodox youth priority of Sveti Arhangel (St. Archangel) of the Archbishopric Montenegrin Coastal.