The monastery Zanjice is located at the same named island in the municipality of Herceg Novi in bay of Boka Kotorska. This monastery complex has the church of Vavedenje Bogorodice (Ascension of Virgin). It is thought that this church dates from XII century, and according to the stamp which was found in the church and which is kept in the monastery Savina it can be seen that this monastery was a branch of the monastery Savina. Later a thick wall of square shape was built around the monastery, and somewhat later small monastery buildings which lie onto the walls of the church in the south and in the east side have been enclosed.
The monastery was renewed and consecrated in 1880.