Kolasin – Ski path on Jezerine on Bjelasica this year too are the favorite gather point of skiers from Podgoricam Niksic, coast, and, other parts of Montenegro, as well as from Albania and Russia.
Skiers and other guests, beside the 10 km of paths for beginners and experienced skiers, they have at their disposal ski lift “Jezerine”, baby – lift, funicular railway “Tupovi”, and for the arrangement of the paths they have two most modern machines type “leitner”.
All of that with the winter sun, allows guests, especially the kids, who are numerous on the slopes of Bjelasica, to feel the allures of the winter and the experience unforgettable moments descending down the slopes on skis, sleighs or snowboard. And after the skiing, the gathering in the restaurant is mandatory, where next to the fire from the hearth the frosted but satisfied skiers are getting warmed, such as the group of students from Niksic which the crew of “Vijesti” found on Jezerine.
As they pointed out, sipping the warm tea, coffee or wine, they are getting prepared for a new descent down the paths of Bjelasica, and for mastering of the skiing techniques. However, this year’s winter tourist season, in the opinion of the tourists, as well as in the opinion from those employed in Jezerine, largely ruined the weather conditions, unusual for this time of the year, so the height of the snow cover is pretty small, and with the new snowfalls since few days ago it is just 40cm.
It looks that the global changes of the climate have also influenced the area above Bjelasica, so it happened that in January, in the peak if the season, there were no conditions for skiing for 7 days. That did not happen since the Ski center was opened, the restaurants functioned normally, but no one could enjoy the skiing – says the bankruptcy director of the Ski center “Bjelasica”, Srecko Medenica. The worker who rents the gear, Pavle Lakicevic, said that the skis, shows and sticks can be rented for 5€, and as he pointed out, because of the bad season there were days when he didn’t rent a single pair of skis and gear.
Among foreign guests, skiers from Albania were most numerous, and the crew of “Vijesti” got convinced in that when on the parking lot they saw several cars with register plates from that country. Beside several attempts the tourist from Albania did not want to talk to the press.
Two and a half years old Milica Vujovic from Podgorica did not hide her thrill with the snow while with her grandmother she walked over the foothill of Bjelasica.
– I come here often, I don’t ski, I am enjoying in the snow idyll and fresh air. I am in my friend’s weekend house in Kolasin. Milica will start to learn to ski next year – says Dragana. For Slobodan Dragovic a 71 year old pensioner from Budva, who has been skiing for already 30 years, and who has visited many skiing centers abroad, among others on Alps, in France, he thinks that the instructors are best on Bjelasica.
– I have to commend the skiing instructors, who have the license from the Slovenians. Here my granddaughter Katarina, from Belgrade, who several days ago went back home, and several years ago learned how to ski. The service in the restaurants is good – says Dragovic. He thinks that the infrastructure on Bjelasica should be even better, and the most objections he had on the arrangement of paths.
According to the words of the manager of the ski center on Jezerine, Milos Medenica, on Bjelasica there are 10 km of paths.
– The price of a daily ski pass for adults is 10 euros, and for children it is 5. One ride with a funicular railway from the foothill which is situated at 1.428 m of height above sea level up to the peak of Bjelasica, 1950m, and back costs 2,5€ – said Medenica.
For Milos Reljic from Kolasin, who every year skis on the slopes of Bjelasica, February will be great for enjoying in the snow.
– In January, everything went wrong, because of the lack of snow, so I was surprised for the February, because I was skeptical. The paths are arranged, there is finally enough snow for skiing – said Reljic.
Milan Markovic from Kolasin said that the path is pretty good, but that the impression is ruined by the insufficiency of the snow, especially in the upper part of the path.
He, as many others, hopes that more snow will fall, so that he can enjoy the skiing until the end if the month as well as in the beginning of March with his friends.
– I am hoping that the weekends to come, as well as competitions which will be organized during the month, will pull out the bad start of the season. Beside the competition in the skiing, a para – ski competition will be organized – said Srecko Medenica. He said that the start of the season has never been worse, and that only last weekend, for the first time this season, there was no free space on the parking lot.
B.Zdero – Mr.Milosevic