Special traffic regime which is predicted for the up coming summer season will start to be applied from July 1st and it will be in effect until September 1st, and its details will be specified at the beginning of the next week in the Secretary for communal works ad traffic.
Assistant of the secretary Zivko Kecojevic said that now it is certain that the vehicles of public enterprises, whose founder is the Capital city will not be able to drive in rush hours, when the biggest jams are on the roads, and that they will be able to drive exclusively in early morning and late evening hours. The ban of the traffic during the biggest rush hours will be applied also on the vehicles of supply and procurement of shops in the area of the Capital city, and municipalities Golubovci and Tuzi.
Kecojevic said that that was agreed on the last week held meeting with the representatives of public enterprises, Agency for construction and development of Podgroica.
The agreement has been made also with the management of Golubovci that in the area of Golubovci the traffic will be monitored.
– Center of Golubovci is a “narrow throat” in the section of the highway M2. Communal police in that section, in cooperation with the Construction inspection, will remove illegally placed sun covers, gardens, and temporary objects. We have given the warrant to the enterprise “Putevi” to place small protective pillars along the road in center of Golubovci in order to prevent the stoppage and irregular parking of vehicles – explained Kecojevic.
According to his words, so far that has been the main reason of the traffic jams in that part of the highway.
Kecojevic said that at the same time the work of the police will be intensified as well as the work of Communal police in that area.
He announced the formation of work – operative body which will be made of the representatives of that secretary, traffic, and communal police, as well as the representatives of the management of the Capital city, Golubovci, and Tuzi in order for the agreement to be made.
LICENSES STARTING FROM THE NEXT WEEK
Assistant of the secretary said that issuing of licenses for transport of passengers in city and suburb public and taxi transport will start from the next week.
He said that so far the exam in familiarity with the town almost 400 taxi drivers has passed, and that a great number of them will get the permit for driving the passengers because they have fulfilled all the conditions.
TWO NEW PARKING PLACES
Kecojevic said that starting from the next week the town will have two new parking places. Temporary parking has been planned in the south part of the military premise “Moraca”, while the other will be built in the area of the ex enterprise “Town transport” near the bus station.
– Parking in the military premise “Moraca” with about 150 places will be available for use starting from Monday, at the price of 0,15 cents per hour. At the bus station it will also be available for use starting from the next week, when we remove the old busses, which “Town transport” has been using. That parking has been predicted except for passengers’ vehicles also for cargo trucks and buses – said Kecojevic.
He reminded that the part behind the east side of the city stadium has already been made, which can be used as a temporary parking place which is free of charge.
Secretary for communal affairs and traffic Vladan Vucelic thanked the owners of the enterprise Zetagradnja, and Fab Live Blagota Radovic and Dragan Popovic because they have given a part of the area in military premise “Moraca” which is their ownership without taking any financial compensation.