Budva – Preparations for the big spectacle, which will be held on July 9th on Jaz, a concert of the group “The Rolling Stones”, are steaming up.
– Technical part is being made and it has to be done until July 7th when 48 trucks with sound boxes, pyrotechnics and production, by which The Rolling Stones are known for, will arrive. That part will me managed by people who will come in 11 buses – pointed out Raka Maric, the organizer of the concert. When the stage is set which has to be finished until July 8th, at the same time when the members of this legendary band are coming, it will be almost 30 meters high and 300 tones heavy.
– They have used 170 tones of iron for the stage. From the middle of the stage there will be path 62 meters long, which will lead towards the smaller stage. On a smaller stage the Stones will sing a few songs. In order to cross that path members of the band need three minutes and 15 seconds – revealed Ivan Ivackovic PR of this band for southeast Europe.
These days they have paved the entrance towards Jaz and they have placed public light. Works on the parking lot in Lastva, which will be able to receive up to 1200 cars, is coming to an end, and the public light was also placed there yesterday. VIP stage has been made and it receives 1430 people, and the special manifold, which will be used, should there be any electricity problems also came yesterday. As 500 workers are making the stage they have a special cuisine and a cook from Belgrade.
Even though only a few days are left before the concert, the fence for this long waited spectacle has been placed as well as the toilettes, and the ambulance vehicle are on duty every day. Around the stands with souvenirs, which will be sold during the concert, the organizers have had some problems. Namely, the wind, which was blowing yesterday, has ruined the stands so they had to place them again yesterday.
– With the police at the head with Veselin Vujovic we have a great cooperation. They have really approached to organization and preparation of this concert with highly professional attitude – pointed out Vukic Raspopovic, one of the organizers of the concert. As Raspopovic told us parking which is being made in Lastva will be free of charge but everyone who wishes to come to Jaz by bus will have to pay one euro and a half.
THE THRIST INSTEAD OF TOPIC
Croatian group Time led by Dado Topic will not as it was published be on Jaz. Management of the legendary band is bringing instead of them a group called “The Thirst” who with Regina will be a fore group to the starts of the night said for Vijesti Ivan Ivanckovic.
– Time wasn’t rejected because of the fact that management of the Rolling Stones didn’t like their music, but because they wanted to bring their countrymen and in that way promote them in these areas – explained Ivackovic, adding that the onset of Milic Vukasinovic at Belgrade concert has also been cancelled and he will be replaced by the British group The answer.
BIGGER DEMAND FOR TICKETS
Even though the organizers do not like to speak about the sales of tickets, as we have unofficially found out in the last few days the sales of tickets is much better compared to previous period, and they have places a new selling spot in front of the Old town in Budva.
– On our stands the demand is much bigger, and we are expecting a great boom during the weekend. It is very familiar that people here are waiting for the last moment in order to buy the tickets for some event. I would recommend everyone to come to the concert of The Rolling Stones because that indeed is a spectacle to remember – said Goran Cetkovic in whose CD shops Mozart you can buy tickets for this spectacle.
INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT THE STONES
Ivan Ivackovic PR manager of the band the Rollling Stones for south east Europe who has followed the carrier of the Rock dinosaurs for decades has told us a few interesting things from their rich biography.
JAGGER AND THE ALIENS
Michael C. Luckman the author of the book Alien Rock: The Rock ‘n’ Roll Extraterrestrial Connection, among others mentions Mick Jagger (63) front man of the Stones and states that he is highly interested in alien phenomena, especially after the close encounter of third kind which he had in 1960’s. When in 1968 he camped in Glastonbury with his girlfriend at the time Maryann Faithful, he had a chance to see a facility in a shape of a cigarette which otherwise is rarely seen says Luckman. Approximately at the same time Mick has an UFO detector installed on his property in Britain. Alarm would constantly go off when ever he left the house showing the presence of a strong electro magnetic activity nearby – he adds.
Jagger who saw UFO above the bunch of funs and during the notorious Altamont concert of the Stones in 1969 in California is not the only member of the group who believes in aliens. Guitar player Keith Richards has also admitted that he has seen several of them.
Mick Jagger has only shot one movie in his carrier.
During the year 1968 he was the biggest star in the world, an accepted hero craving for new challenges. His interest for politics was dying – he refused to be the candidate to become a parliament member even though all prognoses were saying that he would won that place easily – and his interest for acting was in rise. The opportunity to fulfill hi s acting ambitions he got when he was offered a role of a rock star Turner in pension, in the movie “Performance”.
Thinking about the role the singer consulted his former girlfriend Maryann Faithful. Well familiar with Jagger’s calculated nature Maryann thought that he doesn’t have enough of Turner’s traits: darkness, fatalism, and authentic hedonism. For Jagger, for example, taking drugs was just a social activity, a modern thing to do, and some kind of force if he would found himself in company of drug addicts of whom he would need something. That is why Maryann proposed to him to put in Turner’s personality some Keith Richard’s aggressiveness and some Brian Jones’ wild temper.
At the end of 1992 Bill Wyman after more than 10 year of announcement of such a move has left the band. I have started to be in rock and roll to have fun and to see the world. It was enough he said at that time. He didn’t find understanding from the others. “Playing in the Stones is like serving in the army. You don’t leave when you want “– said Charlie Watts. Richards later said: “I was ready to kill Bill”. I yelled” “How dare you? No one’s leaving”. Wyman still left them and the group became a quartet. During the nineties they made solid, but not special albums like” Voodoo Lounge or Bridges to Babylon, and had marathon, spectacular tours. Wyman’s leaving did not discourage them but instead it has strengthened their feeling of union. Bringing lines closer together is no wonder because the Stones were on an unknown territory: not one single group in rock has ever survived for so long and with such a success. In the middle of the nineties Richards spoke about that with the mixture of pride and fear: “Here where we are looks like old maps with dragons and an inscription The End of the World. There are no road signs and no one can tell what should we do now. Despite all of that we are still able to show to the other a trick or two”.
600 POLICE OFFICERS IN SECURITY
Concert on Jaz will be secured with 600 police officers it was said for Vijesti in the Management of the police. Manager of the Section for public peace and order in the Management of the Police Dusko Koprivica said yesterday for Vijesti” that the guards of the concert will be the engaged officers from all sectors. Also they will engage 400 workers of Security agency “Guardian”.
– Management of the police has already taken a range of precaution measures and activities in the area of entire republic in the goal of engagement of stabile peace and order, security of traffic, as well as of personal and property security of all citizens and guests – said Koprivica. He added that the Management of the police earlier has guarded public gatherings, which have the elements of an increased safety risk (European championship in basketball) so in this case too they are absolutely ready to secure in expert and professional way the upcoming concert.
– At proper time we have made the necessary communication with the police in the surrounding in order to exchange all safety data, which can be significant to us, both for the successful guarding of the concert of the Rolling Stones, and for the safety of all people in Montenegro. The priority of the Management of the police is taking measure in order to prevent and restraining of felonies related to drugs, so in this case too with strong prevention activity we will take all necessary measures and actions in order to stop these kinds of felonies – said Koprivica and added:
– We have planned to take the necessary measures and activities for protection of VIP personalities both from Montenegro and abroad, according to the regulations, which are related to the issues of protection of personalities – said Koprvica.
The organizer has demanded that all those who come to the concert should be taken the cameras and video cameras and for that according to what Vijesti have found out security agency Guardian will be in charge. Police will deal with the safety interesting persons, will take weapons, and items for which they estimate that can resent danger, they will take away drugs glass bottles, pyrotechnical devices…
O.L. – I.N.L. – M.V.