Vienna – In the next two years Montenegro, during the preseason will be visited by about 20.000 Austrian pensioners, and the income from that will be about 15 millions of euros, it was said yesterday after the official visit of the Montenegrin delegation to Austria.
The gathering of the pensioners if Austria early in the year will be organized during the 5 weeks in April and in the beginning of May, for which 1200 rooms in six elite hotels in Becici have already been leased – in “Splenidid”, “Montenegro”, “Mediteran”, “Tara”, “Iberostar”, “Bellevue”, and “The Queen of Montenegro”.
Budva agency “Monteja Globtour” has signed an exclusive contract with the agency of the association of the pensioners of Austria “Seniro Raisen” with which it is predicted that once a week 2.000 pensioners in the next two years should stay in Montenegro. In the realization of the contract the firms “Adriat express” and “AMC communication” are included which with Monteja Globetour have formed a consortium.
On that occasion, the delegation which is led by the Minister of tourism, Predrag Nenezic and the mayor of Budva Rajko Kuljaca was received by the Austrian president Heinz Fischer.
Pointing out that he hopes that the project will be successfully realized, Fischer said that it is an arrangement from which both countries will have great benefit.
– Montenegro behind itself has a very important historical decision for which we are happy for and we congratulate on it. Last year I was in Montenegro and I have great confidence for the future of your country. Recently I met with the president Filip Vujanovic, and now I have met the minister of tourism Predrag Nenezic so I believe that this project of the vacation of Austrian pensioners in Montenegro will be successfully realized – said the Austrian president.
With the remark that it is a very important project, at the reception Nenezic pointed out that the arrangement is a part of the protocol which was concluded between Austria and Montenegro.
– The project means a strong cooperation between the government and tourist economy, that is the private and public sector. This is a very good start of the future cooperation in relation of business and government in Montenegro, as well as Montenegro and Austria. Montenegro airlines, Airports of Montenegro, our car transporters, tourist agencies and of course hotel keepers will have benefited from this project. I am sure that the expenditure outside the full board will be significant because in Budva in 2007 and 2008 more than 20.000 tourists from Austria will stay who will have 14.000 overnight stays, which is between 12 and 15 millions of euros – estimated Nenezic.
The Mayor of Budva, Rajko Kuljaca, pointed out that the town will do everything to make the Austrian guests fell as better as possible.
The owner of the “Monteja Globetour”, Mira Radunovic, said that the guests were offered a package arrangement in which not just the accommodation in the 4 and 5 star hotels is include but also 4 trips.
– This is the biggest group of Austrian guests which has ever come in Montenegro. With “Autoosaobracaj” (CAR TRAFFIC) from Herceg Novi we have made a contract about the lease of 45 buses which will be engaged in the realization of the arrangement. The president of the Montenegrin tourist association Branko Diki Kazanegra said that with the arrangements the season is broadened over the months which used to be called “dead”.
– This is a test both for hotel keepers in Montenegro and for the towns of Budva and Montenegro but also for all those that are included in the projects – said Kazanegra.
THE ASUTRIANS DO NOT KNOW MONTENEGRO
According to the words of the president of the association of the pensioners of Austria, Karl Bleh, Montenegro is undiscovered, impressive destination.
– The association of the pensioners every year their early year gathering organizes in some new destinations. In the next two years that will be Montenegro. We have chosen Montenegro because people in that country are kind and it is a gorgeous country. Even though we have long and rich historical relations, unfortunately, today’s Austrians do not know Montenegro sufficiently – said Bleh.