Montenegro this summer too will accommodate 1, 1 million of tourists, 11% more than in the last year, and it will earn record 350 millions of euros, 1/5 more than in the year 2006 – said the director of the national tourist organization Sasa Radovic.
Reminding that during the 2006 they had 322 millions of euros, and that 952.000 tourists, who had 6 millions of overnight stays, visited Montenegro, Radovic said that at the moment booking capacity for Montenegro on the foreign market is 150% bigger than in the same period last year.
– Past year was the most successful one in the past decade and a half. The main goal of the development of tourism in 2007 is sustainable and diverse tourist product which enables the growth of number of tourists, expenditure per day, and per guests, and opening of new working places in the regions during the season. Basic activities will be directed towards the development and promotion of complementary capacities of 150 days, on a year level, with the accent on the cultural, religious, nautical, rural, mountain, eco, congress, and other kinds of tourism. We are expecting the growth of number of overnight stays for 10%, that is, 6,6 millions of overnight stays, then special growth of overnight stays of foreign guests for about 25%, that is about 3 millions of overnight stays. We are expecting that the visit of foreign guests will be 500.000, which is ¼ more than last year – said Radovic for “Sajam plus” (FAIR PLUS). Stating that the things in tourism are developing with great speed, he said that beside the renewal of the Master plan, Montenegrin national tourist organization is entering in the new phase of development.
– According to the Government’s decisions, and after and intensive work of foreign and domestic experts on the preparation of the project and constructive public discussion, the preconditions were made for realization of this huge and challenging business. The final aim is a modern, efficient, innovative organization, which deals with promotion, but also creation of Montenegrin tourist product, which will be attractive and demanded on the market during the all 365 days in a year. And its unique diversity is the first precondition, which guarantees us the success in this business. That is just a precondition, and the rest is strategic planning, careful analyzing of global trends, demands and habits of certain target groups, and on the other hand the further improvement of Montenegrin tourist product and its adequate promotion – states Radovic.
In order to answer to these challenges National Tourist organization in the following month will have to enhance the personnel and to have complete internal reorganization.
– Implementation and leaning on most basic communication informatics technologies will provide efficiency in work and forehand information about our activities. A modern web portal that will enable the usage of numerous additional customers tools is a priority, and we are already in negotiations with Microsoft and other prestigious companies from IT business. Parallel we are continuing a compatible promotional campaign on most important emission markets of the west, north, and mid Europe, then central and east Europe, not forgetting the traditionally loyal tourists from the region who will still, no doubt, have an important role in season, and out of season period, as well as in the domain of business travels – said Radovic.
Using the instruments of the adequate PR methods, according to the words of Radovic, NTO will try to additionally promote the image of Montenegro on regional and international level, at renowned tour operators and international tourist associations.
– We will advance the cooperation and coordination with the local and regional TO, because they have the key role in creation of the final product on local level, which is immediately offered to our guests. We are working on harder connection with the private sector which is showing bigger interest for cooperation, as well as in coordination with strategic partners from tourist business and complementary business industry in promotional activities abroad. We have defined the model of firm cooperation with the Ministry of tourism and protection of environment and a clear division of works and authorities. Next year we will start opening our diplomatic missions abroad, in those countries, which represent our most important emission market – concluded Radovic.
Radovic said that NTO will continue a wise and well thought promotion with the message to potential guests to discover, experience and enjoy in “secret wild beauty”, which in the meantime is offering them better quality in every hoop of the tourist service chain.
– Finally, on the world market not everything is bout competing in the quality of tourist offers, but it is more about the campaign of perceptions of various tourist destinations.
And we need a closer perception of Montenegro as an unique, safe destination, which beside the immensely beautiful natural legacy offers also the intertwined culturally – historical, religious, health, sports, adventures research contents, as well as luxurious, comfort accommodation capacities, ready to retain more and more prompted guest during the 12 months of the main tourist season – said Radovic.