Podgorica – Italian businessman gathered around the business association “Italian Opera”, of whom most of them have Sicilian origins, have announced great investment undergoes in Montenegro – joint investment, purchase of real estates and the construction of entire lodgments, production of cheeses, development of trade and transport services.
Italians in the past three days stayed in Montenegro and had meetings with the Government’s officials and the officials from economy.
In difference to our businessman, they speak openly about the projects and they simply compete to present the plans of their company, in whose name they are here, to public.
The president of the business association “Opera” which is a member of Italian parliament Salvatore Ferinjo said for “Vijesti” that Montenegro today has all the qualities for secure investment of foreign capital.
– After the independence the political barriers have been overcame which earlier were slowing you down. Among the activities, beside the construction a chance should be looked in development of manufacture activities and production. It is positive that Montenegro at the moment s not a member of European Union so you are not obliged to obey all European standards of administration. So your taxes can be significantly lower, which is very important for the investors. The costs of work force in Montenegro are competitive, and the personnel on the other hand is highly qualified – noted Ferinjo.
Ferinjo is originally a Sicilian. From when he was 23 he has been livening in America, and he achieved his business success with the work in insurance companies. His approach to Berlusconi’s party “Forca Italia” in 2002 has enabled him to be named 4 years later for the organizational secretary of “Azzuri USA” and that as a candidate of the Italians who live abroad enters in parliament after the election which were held last year.
– For “Vijesti” a month ago I have announced our arrival in Montenegro and I have fulfilled my promise. I brought the representatives of more than 20 famous Italian firms. I will give you information extremely important for you, and that is that I will have serious conversations with the representatives of Italian Government about the canceling of visas for Montenegro especially having in mind that it is a population of about 650.000 people, which is a number of people than has one quart in Rome. In order to be humorous, if all Montenegrins should move in Italy the hotels in one of our towns would be a bit less filled – says Ferinjo.
Francesco Maroni the representative of the company “Midali Italo” from Bergamo, which is in the business of production of cheese, has made contact with the representatives from Niksic dairy “Nika”.
– We produce cheeses of high quality. I didn’t expect t hat already upon my first arrival in Montenegro I will find a partner for business. The president of our company is already tomorrow coming to Montenegro in order to make the future cooperation concrete – pointed out Maroni.
The representative of the transport firm “Albini” which has its representative offices all over the world, Federico Albini spoke with the representatives of Bar Harbor about the possibilities of transport on relation Bari – Bar, and further on towards the countries of east Europe.
– I think we will manage to make an agreement with the partners from Montenegro about concrete projects – revealed Albini, who is the son of Lydia Albini the owner of the company.
The representative of “Castro Giovanni” construction firm from Tuscany Marko Castro Giovanni came to Montenegro to negotiate about the purchase of land near Kotor and Podgorica, as well as to find a partner for joint investments.
– With local work force we wish to build tourist lodgments near Kotor, but also residential complexes in Podgorica. We are already negotiating about the purchase of land – explained Castro Giovanni not hiding his pleasure.
Paolo Crimi came to Montenegro as the representative of the association of small and medium enterprises A.S.I. from Palermo, which has 4.000 firms.
– I have presented the south Italian company “CIC” which is in business of construction of roads and I have arranged meetings of its representative with construction firms in Montenegro – explained Crimi.
General secretary of the association “Opera” Luigi Conti pointed out that Italian businessman have come in Montenegro in their private arrangement.
– We did not wish to wait for the Italian institutions to organize a visit to Montenegro. The procedures are often additionally complicated by private initiatives and contacts of businessman – pointed out Conti.
American businessmen of Italian origins are planning for October this year to organize in USA a business lunch with the president George Bush. On that formal lunc, as they assure us in business association “Opera” the representative of Montenegrin entrepreneurs will have its place.
M.M. – S.M.
PRODUCTION OF NEW CHEESES
Technical director of Niksic dairy “Nika” Tomislav Zizic said that they want to establish cooperation with the partners from Italy, and their goal is the production of new cheeses.
– We have the idea to merge the quality crude material from the North of Montenegro with healing herbs that we have. In that way we could think about the production of autochthon kind of cheeses. We could even protect that product and of course to be competitive with it outside the borders of Montenegro – pointed out Zizic.
THROUGH MOTENEGRO FASTER TO THE EAST
The president of the Union of entrepreneurs Predrag Mitrovic and Slavatore Ferinjo have signed yesterday an agreement about cooperation of two business associations. Union of entrepreneurs was the host to Italian businessmen.
– Our entrepreneurs have presented themselves in the segment of production, transport, and tourism. After the independence of Montenegro this is the most significant visit of Italian businessmen, which, for us, was expected – said Mitorvic.
He said that the Italians in the past 6 or 7 years have opened in Romania dozens of branch offices.
– In a very short period I expect concrete jobs – pointed out Mitrovic
Ferinjo told us hat their goal is “establishing cooperation in long-terms”.
– Montenegro for us represents doors of the East and for us Italians that is very important – said Ferinjo and pointed out that it is a positive fact that our currency is euro.
– Montenegro will open a possibility for us to come quicker to the markets of East European countries. Because, Italy is a member of EU and it has to obey all its regulations – explained Ferinjo.