Budva – Vice president of the Municipality of Budva Lazar Radjenovic has received yesterday the journalists of daily presses “Vijesti”, “Dan”, and Pobjeda” in order to talk with them about the significance of the concert of the group “The Rolling Stones” on the 9th of July on the beach Jaz for this town and for Montenegrin tourism.
– This spectacle is something new for our state because until now we didn’t have and event this big. A good thing is that it is being organized at the locality, which is outside of the city zone, and all the works which are being done at the moment are strictly located on Jaz. They started at proper time, so everything will be ready until 8th of July for general rehearsal, which will not be done by the members of the group, but the organizers – explained Radjenovic.
– In the segment of preparation of the concert municipality of Budva has a very significant role because Jaz is an ambience which will serve a real spectacle. That is one of the most beautiful beaches in Montenegro, so it will provide a great ambience for the visitors, as well as for the Stones, which many bigger centers do not have among which are Barcelona and Belgrade, and it will be possible to watch the concert both from the sea and from the land. Without any suspense I can say that we are expecting that Budva in this tour will be maybe a number one when we are talking about the echo of the concert – he added. Still, the stage will not be visible from the sea because of the linden tree because of which the organizers themselves complained, so everyone who comes with a yacht will be able to see only light effects and to listen the concert.
– When the bay is full of yachts that sight will be similar to Saint Trope which will complement the vision of this spectacle. People from the yachts who wish to sense the charm of the concert will have to come closer and to become a part of the happening – said Radjenovic, pointing out that the upcoming event has a great significance for the development of tourism in Montenegro.
– A lot of foreigners who are coming here with disbelief and admiration talk about the fact that Budva, a town with just 17.000 inhabitants is capable of organizing such a spectacle. What we can hear from everyone is the fact that the concert of The Rolling Stones places our town and our state in the map of the famous world destinations. We expect several tens of thousands of people on that day who wouldn’t be here if there weren’t this concert – he claims and concludes”
– We will try to create a real ambience. Entire town will be in the spirit of the concert in order for the citizens, as well as those who come to this concert to be able to feel what are The Rolling Stones in fact, because the organization of this event places high standards, so we can no longer do bad projects.
Stones are opening new possibilities for us when we are talking about this way of promotion of Budva and promotion of tourist and entertaining offer. Surely next summer we will bring some other group which is more in the center of the attention and by international significance which is in the rank of The Stones.
THERE WILL BE MORE CONCERTS ON JAZ
After the concert of The Stones the space on Jaz will be used for multiple purposes.
– Jaz was unequipped with infrastructural contents. We have built a electrical station, brought water, and that will stay there permanently. That entire part of our municipality in the hinterland of Lastva will experience progress after the concert. We think that the concert of this famous group will leave a mark. We already have such an example in Budva, a place which is very popular, and it is called Ricaardova glava (Richard’s head_. A long time ago it was visited by the actor Richard Vidmark when he was shooting a movie “Long ships”. He is a symbol of that place, and everyone remembers it even today. Jaz will remain an ambience for the concert of same dimensions. Since a great area is being prepared which will be able to receive over 70.000 people it will be also used for other purposes, mainly sports events. From their arrival in Montenegro everyone who lives on tourism will have benefits – revealed Radjenovic
MICK’S VOICE IS HEARD FAR
Members of the group The Rolling Stones will come to Montenegro on the 8th of July. The organizer have planned that for a short time they will present them our state, and when asked where they will take them Radjenovic answered:
– It is important to make an agreement with the members of the band. We will try to please them and to make them feel comfortable because any positive statement from Mick Jagger would be better than any marketing promotion which we have had so far with a lot of money and effort. Everything that we can include in the program of their visit we shall include, and we will try to show them not just Budva but entire Montenegro. It is very important to make them feel comfortable because their positive attitude towards Montenegro is the best promotion.