Podgorica – The organizer of the concert of the Rolling Stones on Budva beach Jaz has asked yesterday Montenegrin Government to free them from the tax on that, so far the biggest spectacle held in Montenegro, said yesterday for “Vijesti” the owner of the Belgrade agency Music star, Raka Maric.
– We have asked the Government to free us from everything. If they don’t do so we shall pay. What can we do – said last night in a brief phone conversation Maric.
He claims that the concert of the Stones on Jaz, which was organized as part of their tour A Bigger Bang was attended by 50.000 people.
– Final records from the field we will have in 10 days – added Maric who deosn’t even have the estimate of how much Montenegrin cash register could benefit from the tax on the concert.
The music spectacle which was thrown by the most expensive music group in the world along with the stones without any doubt came a lot of money. While minister of finances Igor Luksic was in the audience, few inspectors who were engaged by he Tax administration for this occasion with superhuman efforts counted the sold tickets, they registered beer. Sold water and souvenirs but also the supplies that remained after the concert.
Organizer of the concert of the Rolling Stones was the municipality of Budva, which for that occasion engaged Belgrade agency Music star registered as an enterprise in Montenegro too. While the employees in Tax administration, applying the service secret policy are silent anbout the incomes which can be poured into the state register, the roughest estimates indicate that the potential incomes from the tax are hundreds of thousands of euros.
In case that all 50.000 tickets were sold TAV which the organizer should pay would be about 200.000 euros, but the real TAV cannot be estimated because it is still unknown how many tickets were given free of charge on the day of the concert. In that optimistic option the tax collectors can count on several tens of thousands of euros of tax on transport, sale of T-shirts, trademark of the Stones – the famous tongue, beer, juices, water….
Government has the possibility to free the organizer of the concert of the tax if they note that this concert had special kind of tourist or cultural significance for the state. Judging according to the statements of the party and municipality officials that can easily occur.
So in that way the vice president of the Democratic party of socialists Svetozar Marovic, who himself was involved in organization of the arrival of the Stones, said that the promotion of Montenegro has historical significance”.
For the president of the Municipality of Budva Rajko Kuljaca the concert has placed that town on “the map of very important cultural events in Europe in 2007, shoulder to shoulder with the centers such has Brussels, Frankfurt, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon, Madrid, Rome, and London”.
– The arrival of the musicians who for decades have been one of the most recognizable bands in the world is considered to be a privilege in much bigger countries than Montenegro – said Kuljaca to the press before the concert of the famous sixty year olds.
From the Tax administration they haven’t responded to the questions on Vijesti about how big the income of the state is on the account of the tax and other communal payments from the concert of the Rolling Stones in Budva, and how big fee was given to rock dinosaurs (the words goes around that they got 2, 6 millions of euros). Viejsti have also asked how many tickets were sold, how many irregularities have the tax collectors noted and how many communal payments from the sale of food, drink and souvenirs have been charged.
Main tax inspector in Montenegro Novo Radovic commenting the questions of Vijesti said that they said several times that TA has no legal, to publicly announce the records or to present to any other person records about the work of the tax tributary, authorization but on the contrary it has legal obligation to be silent about that.
– TA is obliged to establish all the above-mentioned facts as well as the tax obligations, but it has no right or obligation to publicly announce the records about the incomes of any individual… We wish to point out that such an approach is completely legal and that it is not avoiding of the answer but instead we are obeying the law. We are also pointing out the practice of certain countries which have issued with their tax legislation that the director of the tax organ or the minister of finances cannot have precise insight in the business of certain business tributary but that instead administration of taxes is provided in such way that the manager has general records and information based on which h controls the work of his subordinate offices which have immediate contact with tax complaints – said Radovic.
He said that TA has taken all the measures for establishment and provision of claiming the money from tax tributary.
– The procedure of the control has begun immediately after the announcement of the concert, and the organizer at proper time was introduced with the legal regulations and they have several informative conversations with persons who were included in organization of the concert. The process of supervision was further developed by establishment of all persons who had income and they have also established the grounds of the gained income related to the concert – he said.
D.M.C. – M.M.
INVISIBLE CASH REGISTERS
Just 10% of tax inspectors who were supervising the concert had their handful. In Tax administration they claim that the tickets, which were sold, have been counted, and that they have made a list of all the products which were sold during the concert, as well as the supply that remained unsold after the concert.
– We have established the value of the sale of T-shirts and we have entirely charged the tax on the income – they say from the Tax administration in which they note that all collectors in the so far phase of the procedure have been successful in their assignments.
Tax collectors have earlier said that they have asked from the organizers of the concert to place cash registers on the places where they will be charging goods in cash. Still the buyers of T-shirts with the tongue out haven’t seen them, nor did they get fiscal receipts.
THE INCOMES ARE STILL BEING CHECKED UP
From the Tax administration they mention that persons who were working on arrangement, equipment of the location, transport, security, hygiene and other things have also had income – and that the check up of the facts and records is still a mater with which inspection supervision is dealing with
Tax collectors expect that the tax tributaries themselves will report and pay their tax.
– Finally we can conclude that the procedure will be ended with the check up of the applications for the calculation of TAV and the tax on the author’s fee – they say in TA.