Niksic/Pluzine – Buy a rubber boat, bring a montage restaurant and bungalows, put them where ever you want and organize the rafting on Tara by yourself. Plus if you have someone in the tourist lobby to “set you up” some guests you are up and running. That is, this summer too, very present on a barely defended River Tara.
Thanks to the historical citizen action against the will of the authorities for the defense of River Tara from being flooded, Montenegro has stepped up with a huge step on the world tourist map to years before becoming an independent state, but even today it numbly looks on dozens of thousands of tourists enjoying in rafting in total anarchy.
– It is certain that this summer too there will be o regulation of that extremely important area of tourism- say the disappointed assistant of the minister of tourism, Nebojsa Popovi.
– We have done everything that was in our hands. We have made draft of the changed and amendments of the Law on boats with which the rafters have agreed, but it turned out that Ministry of traffic should appear as the proponent. However, a year and a half nothing has been done on that law – adds Popovic.
There are boats and wooden rafts from the country and abroad without any order, camps, cafes and restaurants without cash registers, curs without license plates which are driven by tourists, piles of garbage on a charging ramp of the municipality Pluzine, friendly parcels on the shore – there is no end to the anarchy on the most attractive section of the Tear of Europe, from Brstanovica to Scepan polje. Municipality Pluzine has found in law vacuum an in-between solution so it is registering the boats which are owned by some tourist enterprises. Vladimir Knezevic, main administrator in Pluzine said that the year atx per boat will be 280 euros, excursion daily tax for tourists who are rafting 1 euro, which will be also the price of the residential tax.
– Recently we have financed the mounding and partial extension of the road Scepan polje – Brstanovica, and this summer we will try to have the Communal enterprise take away the garbage regularly – said Knezevic.
Rafting, from April to October, down about 30 spectacular river rapids of four hours of ride, daily attracts between 200 and 500 tourists, of whom majority are foreigners. From Montenegrin and Bosnian side there are about 20 owners of boats.
– This year too from the 30 seconds of the commercial on CNN, Tara is in picture for 10 seconds, but here, in difference to the coast no one is investing in infrastructure. Rafting doesn’t exist as a business activity or as a sport activity, even though it is an extreme sport, and a very prosperous business. Therefore the licenses of UNDP which only dozen of skippers received don’t mean a thing, just the same as a driver’s licese would not mean a thing if no one is asking you to look at it – explained Veljko Vujanovic, the owner of two boats and adds that the cause of such condition is the “inactivity of the Government”.
He reminded that the responsibility for the safety of tourists by law does not exist, but that with rafters consciousness and professionalism are very strong, and that because of the market game they are only acquiring more and more better boats and equipment.
The assistants of the minister of tourist, Nebojsa Popovic thinks that the Government has to decide.
– If the regulations are not adopted this summer, and it looks as if they are not going to be, in September we will try again. We will insist, because that is in interest of tourism – promised Popovic.
Pointing his finger towards the new crossing border on Marica cesma, much above Scepan polje, local skeptics claim that nothing is coincidence and that the Government of Montenegro did not give up the idea to flood Tara. Or that the state is not interested in TAV from 30.000 guests, the amount of guests who every year come to raft.
THEY DO NOT KNOW WHEN THE REGULATION WILL BE DONE
Ministry of traffic said that the preparation of the changes and amendments of the regulation, which regulates that area, is in process but they didn’t say precisely when it would be adopted.
– The regulation with which the conditions and the way of establishing of the ability of boats for sailing, the registration of boats and the establishment of their mark and name, the area of sailing, of the crew, and examination programs and the way of passing of the exams for rafter riders are being determined will be amended. The new concept will include the boats which are meant for rafting, the gear and the standard of the boats will be made, as well as the standards for training of the skippers. Issuing of conditions and the control of the fulfillment of the conditions will be done by Harbor captaincy Bar – it was said from the Ministry of traffic.
In the announcement it is said that harbor’s local office in Virpazar would establish the fulfillment of the conditions of rubber boats when they are being registered, and that MIA and the inspection of the ministries of tourism and traffic would do the control on the spot.
TO BOSNIANS AT SERVICE
The fact that MIA controls the border with BiH, which goes over the river, and the Ministry of agriculture controls its thorough from Montenegrin side, and the municipality the land which has not been included in DUP, was best used by Bosnians who on their side of the river do not have an approaching road and they are sailing with twice as much boats.
The police recently has presented to the owners of rubber boats the rules of behavior during the season: the rafters from Montenegro will report the names of all guests from abroad, while the Bosnians will report in the book of guests all tourists.
– The rafters from Bosnia, who are using the local road will be enabled to pass more quickly over the crossing border, and if the controls show that they are obeying the regulations they will be able to count on temporary license for unobstructed crossing of the border and staying in border zone – said for “Vijesti” collocutor from MIA.