Podgorica – Hinterland of Podgorica, that is Kuc Mountains with natural beauties Bukumirsko Lake and Rikavacko Lake, numerous summer pastures give amazing conditions for development of mountain and eco tourism.
If you add to that that in this area, on the massif Zijov there are over 25 summits which are over 2.000 meters high, and that one can see intact and cruel nature then a conclusion is being imposed that Podgorica is very much a mountain destination where there are amazing conditions for all kind of tourism.
Exactly because of that Tourist organization of Podgorica has organized in cooperation with Mountain association of Montenegro, and associations Gorica and Komovi a promotional excursion on Kuc mountains, and on Bukukmirsko and Rikavacko lakes, as well as on summer pastures during which the journalists met amazing natual beauties of that area…
According to the words of the director of TO Ljiljana Scepanovic promotional excursion was organized in accordance with the program of that organization and its goal is popularization of eco tourism and hinterland of Podgorica.
– In the hinterland of Podgorica we have intact, cruel nature and we have wished t o promote that part of our municipality. The goal is to valorize and promote village and eco tourism and introduce everyone with the natural beauties which we have in hinterland of Podgorica – said Scepanovic.
To Bukumirsko Lake, which is 50 km away from Podgorica, you can come through Medun, Ubli, Stravce, and Kastrat….
– Bukumirsko lake is located on 1.448 meters of height above the sea level, the surface of the lake is 19.320 meters and the greatest depth s 17 meters. Bukumirsko and Rikavacko lakes are natural glacial lakes where during the summer months one can swim. I believe that a great number of people from Podgorica do not know that these natural beauties are a part of the Municipality of Podgorica. Considering the fact that on the massif Zijova there are over 25 summits of over 2.000 meters of height Podgorica can be considered to be a mountain municipality too – said the president of Gorica Aleksandar Djuraskovic.
According to his words, over two thousand meters high are among others summits Surdup (2.184 m), Stitan (2.172 m), Silja velja (2.130 m) Pasjak (2.050 m)….
Bukumirsko lake is surrounded by summits, but the most impressive and the most dangerous appears Pasjak which with its cruelty and unapproachable appearance takes one’s breath away.
– Pasjak is very hard to climb, and in fact that is an alpine tour on which only very prepared mountain climbers can venture – said Djuraskovic.
On Bukumirsko Lake Gorica intends to build a mountain home which would have 30 beds.
According to the words of Djuraksovic Gorica is waiting for the approval for construction from the Municipality.
– We are waiting for already a year for the response on our demand, and we are only asking to use the state property, location for the mountain home we have chosen, geometers have already been here, and that would be the first mountain home in the area of Podgorica – said Djuraskovic.
The road from Bukumirsko lake goes over Skala to Sirokar, summer pastures and sight seeing places from where you have an amazing view on Rikavacko Lake which is located on the height of 1.313 meters.
– The surface of Rikavacko Lake is 117.755 meters and the biggest depth is 14 meters, nearby there is a summer pasture Rikavac as well as the curve which at the same time is the border between Montenegro and Albania – said Djuraskovic.
When returning from Sirokar in the summer pasture Mokra host Rade Ivanovic has organized an amazing lunch and on the table beside the young and old domestic cheese we were served with lamb, kacamak, sour milk, jardum, and other domestic specialties.
LEGEND ABOUT THE DRAGON
For Bukumirsko Lake there is a legend which speaks about the people in Bukumir who lived in the surrounding and about the fierce dragons who lived in the lake.
– According to the legend dragons lived in the lake, and Bukumiri during the night because of them could not go out. On one occasion two people from Bukumiri found themselves out so they hid until the dawn. The dragons came by and Bukumir two heard them saying: If Bukumirs knew that they should only throw hot rocks in the lake to make us leave. Two Bukumir people told that to their people and they threw the hot rocks in the lake and dragons when they were leaving cursed them. The curse came true because people from Bukumir killed each other because of two children who fought – member of Komovi Zoran Mirotic told us the legend.
OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF MONTENEGRO
President of the Mountain association of Montenegro Brano Petrovic said that from Bukumirsko Lake the construction of the transversal to Crno jezero has started to be carried out.
– Project is called “Over the mountains of Montenegro” and the termination is expected in September. Transversal will start from Bukumirsko lake, over Maglic, Komovi, Stavno, Tresnjevik. Bjelasica, Sinjajevina, Zmijnjsko lake, Njegovudja, Zabljak and all the way to Crno jezero. It is 170 km long, and it is necessary to build more mountain homes on Bukumirsko lake, on Carine, and on Crno jezero – said Perovic.