Conference Spark.me held for the fifth time on 29 and 30 May, in the Hotel Mediteran in Budva, under the baton of its organizing company Domain.me, and the main sponsorship of Crnogorski Telekom. “Following the successful organization of conferences in past years, the company Domain this year brought high profile speakers and therefore it is not surprising that there is huge public interest in the conference – around 500 people accompanied the conference” – said the organizers.
Spark.me is one of the most carefully curated business/internet conferences in Southeast Europe. The conference has been organized annually in the seaside resort of Budva, in the European country of Montenegro since 2013, as a part of the Corporate Social Responsibility program of Domain.ME, a private company which is in charge of Montenegro’s national internet domain – .ME.
Spark.me stage, in previous years, welcomed some of the world’s most renowned speakers:
- Pankaj Ghemawat (one of the world’s leading authorities on global strategy; ranked among Top 20 of management thinkers in the world),
- Christopher Fabian (co-founder and co-lead of UNICEF’s Innovation Unit, and one of 2013 TIME Magazine’s 100 most influential people),
- Brian Solis (a principal analyst at research firm Altimeter Group, and a bestselling author),
- Scott Berkun (the bestselling author, and a speaker),
- Alf Rehn (internationally recognized business thinker, an author and a speaker),
- David Armano (Global Strategy Director: Key Accounts at Edelman Digital),
- Tony Conrad (co-founder and CEO of about.me, and Founding Venture Partner at True Ventures),
- Sara Rosso (Director of Marketing at Automattic, provider of online services such as WordPress.com, Akismet, Gravatar, and many more),
- Veronica Belmont (an online media personality, a startup advisor, speaker, and podcaster),
- Peter Sunde Kolmisoppi (hacker/artist who deals with questions of intellectual property rights, best known for being a co-founder of The Pirate Bay).
Additional Spark.me speakers came from companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Edelman Digital, Microsoft Ventures, Automattic, UNICEF’s Innovation Unit, Skype, TechCrunch, DropBox, Altimeter Group, about.me, Prezi, Rushmore.fm, 500 Startups, Seedcamp, hub:raum, Eleven Accelerator Venture Fund, LAUNCHub, Tech.Co, Bellabeat…
Spark.me has come a long way from a meeting point for a couple of dozen of tech enthusiasts and geeks to a must-visit tech and marketing event for the Balkan region and beyond. The mission of Spark.me from the very beginning was to improve the quality of life for people in Southeast Europe by raising awareness about the possibilities Internet and new technologies offer, through education, competition and networking opportunities.
Spark.me brings stories from the front lines of disruptive technological solutions, innovative business models, engaging marketing strategies, and world-changing initiatives, presented by some of the world’s most influential thinkers and brands. We are NOT the biggest conference when it comes to the sheer number of attendees, speakers, or startups – and we are NOT trying to be. We are an intimate conference, with a thoroughly curated agenda, where every speaker is hand-picked. We pay special attention to every detail, and we try to make Spark.me an unforgettable conference experience. Our goal is not to be the biggest conference in the region, but to be the conference that makes the biggest positive change.
Spark.me conference is designed to inspire you, to ignite your imagination, and to let you find YOUR spark – the one thing that makes you special, that one idea that will make you stand out from the crowd, along with the people you need to know to make that happen.
For more info, visit spark.me