When the original construction of the Monastery for the residence of Saint Basil began, it focused on the cave above the village Zagorak. It is said that following a day of observing the work at this location, Saint Basil gave the order to extend the Monastery to the Ostrog cliffs. When he returned to the area the following day, following Gods orders, he decided to build the church Vavedenja in the first cave, storage and bedroom for guests in the second cave and a chapel in the third cave where most of the religious artifacts where kept. Just bellow the monastery a small church was already located so he added a small house to be build there for the processing of wheat and the living of young monks.
From the told legent of the current archbishop Nikodima Raicevica, during the middle of the XIX century, Vuk Stefanovic Karadic, the most famous name in Slovenian culture of the time, wrote the tale of Saint Basil of Ostrog. Besides writing about his birth, early days and traveling in the orthodox faith, Vuk Stefanovic Karadic states that Saint Basic financed the building of the monastery with donations, and continued his entire life with the small amounts of money he made as well as his entire existance to assure the faith in this part of the world becomes synonymous with cultural and educational development. Build by the strength of the human body and spirit the Upper Monastery as well as the entire complex created a space where the melting of nature and spirit occurred.
The date when the Lower Monastery was build has not been determined. By legends of the local residence at its current location used to be a village. Part of this land was bought by Saint Basil from two brothers and here is the house he build for young monks as its center. The center of the Lower monastery today is the church of Saint Trojan build in 1824.
The church of Saint Trojan is a simple structure build on even stone blocks. A large cultural treasure is the richly decorated alter. The artistry decorating its walls today are the work of the XX century artist Nauma Andrica. These works depict the large Christian holidays, as well as the portraits of Serbian Saint Sava and Elijah from Onogosta – the founder of the monastery. A large painting on the west wall of the church represents Saint Basil and some of his miracle works: a girl whom he helped to talk and a Muslim whom he freed from chains. Surrounding the church is a large house build 1742 and the home of Saint Basil build 1800. Just a little distance form there Kulica is located build in the beginning of the XIX century. Amongst the treasures of the Lower Monastery is the prayer book Mineon from 1732 and decorative candle holder form the same period.