Since 1678, when the remains of Saint Basil where dug out of the ground, the people started celebrating the 29th of April – the day he died as a holiday, that is the 12th of May according to the new calendar. This is a holy day – a day when no one works and everyone goes to church and celebrates. Besides this day, the monastery also celebrates the holidays of Petrovdan, Ilindan and Veliki Gospojini, well know holidays within the Orthodox Church.
Ostrog Monastery Holidays and Gatherings
- Where is the Ostrog Monastery?
- The building of Ostrog Monastery
- Arrival and departure traditions
- The Stories of Miracles
- What other say about Ostrog
- Legends and myths
- Ostrog History
- The Cultural Heritage of Ostrog Monastery
- Holidays and gatherings
- Churches dedicated to Saint Basil of Ostrog
- The prayer to Saint Basil
- The life of Saint Basil of Ostrog
- History of the Ostrog region